Add a picture to my TB

JussiPippiPrina

That is a special icon, an option purchased by the company that makes the tag.  You can't customize it yourself.

I looked for "Nancy The Nurse" in online shops, and they mention a unique icon.  So that's good.

But here's the deal.  Geocaching.com's database must be updated to show the new icon.  That is the job of employees of Geocaching.com.  And first the "Cache Buddy" company (or whoever makes the tag) must send the icon to Geocaching.com.  These things seem to vanish from the database at times.

So here's the plan.  You can write to Geocaching.com and ask about it using the contact form here: https://www.geocaching.com/help/

They may fix it and you're done.  Or they may tell you that the icon has not arrived yet.  I guess "Nancy The Nurse" is a relatively recent tag?  I see some were activated last May.

You could ask the store where you bought the tag.

Or... you can wait and one day the icon will be there automagically.  But somebody must first do something.  I'd think it would be good to at least ask Geocaching.com in case they just, um... forgot to set up the icon. :anicute:

Edited by kunarion

Maybe I don't remember it well, but I thought that trackables of this type may get a "unique" icon, but it's generalized.  Unlike coins, where each has a different icon  (if supplied by the manufacturer), these are kinda like the cachekinz we found.  All different, but the same icon.  If that's the way it works, it'd be a "unique" icon, but of whatever "cache buddy" has as their standard.

I agree a mail to geocaching.com by "Contact Us" on the bottom of all forums pages is best to ask.   :)

Edited to add...  Shop Geocaching has three versions of "cache buddy", from Oak coins, and one out of the three says, "Featuring a custom icon".    So worth a shot to ask.

Edited by cerberus1
58 minutes ago, JussiPippiPrina said:

How do I add a picture (like a profile-picture) to my trackable.

Ik bought and activated a "Nancy the Nurse" trackable. I would like to replace the travelbug-picture for a Nancy picture.

I see trackables with nice profile prictures of their own. How do I do that?

Click the "Upload an Image" on your trackable's page.

Select an image and then check the "Make this the default image for this Trackable".

Your uploaded image will replace the Nurse image that you currently have.

I think that is what you are actually asking about. The other responses are talking about the icon next to the trackable's name. You can't change that, but your tag is probably supposed to have its own icon. Email Groundspeak and ask them to check if they missed uploading the icon image. It happens. I've asked about icons that I though I should have on some coins and they write back they will fix it and the icon shows up soon enough after that.

Edited by fbingha
54 minutes ago, cerberus1 said:
59 minutes ago, fbingha said:

I think that is what you are actually asking about...

Possible, but since there's already a pic of the nurse trackable on the page, the only "replacement" would appear to be the icon:)

That's a good point.  To clarify, if the OP is about the generic "bug coin" icon to the left of the "Nancy The Nurse" tag name, that is something that Geocaching.com enters into the database, an image file supplied by the people who paid for the icon and specified the name of the tag.  I'm thinking the gray bug will at some point look more like a "nurse".  But since it's been at least a year and a half since it was made, it seems a little overdue.

For those who want to wade into the tall grass for custom icons, here's a thread.  I have a post in there about "Travel Flags" which are sold with the description of unique icons.  No way they are gray bugs, the manufacturer paid for flag icons, 110% absolutely flag icons. But someone dropped the ball, and it sure is hard to get a straight answer. :ph34r:

Anyhoo, in that thread, I have a screenshot from January 2016 showing a half-dozen generic icons on "Travel Flag" coins.  All but one, from the specific ones in that in that picture, today have the proper icons.  Almost two years later, that test group has been mostly fixed, but a lot of Travel Flag icons remain generic to this day.  And that's just an example, that doesn't include thousands of other coins.  I guess it takes a lot of coin owners persistently writing, to get one icon fixed.  Just a guess.

Untitled-1.jpg

Edited by kunarion

I asked about an icon next to the tb name, like the picture.

I sent an email to geocahing.com and they said it isn't possible, because there is no icon for this tb.

Maybe in the future...

(The picture of the nurse I uploaded myself. At first I thought that maybe I could upload an icon myself, but I could't obviously).

Edited by JussiPippiPrina