Yep...another newbie creation question

thekingofbattle

I did some looking in the forum to see if my question might have been addressed previously...I didnt see it, but that doesnt mean it isnt there of course.

Love playing WIG cartridges and I've created one for the first time for the National Infantry Museum in Columbus, GA. They have a number of outside exhibits which I feel are perfect for a "tour guide" style cartridge.

I used the Wherigo\\kit, which was excellent for someone like me with no background on programming. It was simple, easy to use and visual. Just my style.

I created an 11 stop tour adding at least one question per stop, but sometimes two or more. Created it with no issues and ran it on the emulator with no issues. 

Figured out how to upload it to Wherigo.com and then downloaded it to my iPhone for field testing. First two stops worked as planned. Each had one question which worked with no issue. Arrived at the third stop, which has two questions associated with it. The first question worked with no issue but on the second question, no answer would register as the correct one. Tried multiple times by starting completely over with the same result.

Went back to the Wherigo\\kit and tried to take a look if I had done something wrong, but I cant figure this one out.

Should I go back in and simply make each stop with only one question or is there something else that I might have missed?

Thanks in advance for any advice/support!

thekingofbattle

Probably the comma.  Since I'm at work at the moment, I don't know why the player app would function different from the Webwigo online emulator.  I'm wondering if the Wherigo.com site, when it compiles the cartridges, has something to do with it.

Some people take the Kit cartridges and pass them through Urwigo to obfuscate the text.  Are you doing that?

(Any more help will have to come after work.)

Ranger Fox,

I'm not smart enough to take the cartridge and then pass it through Urwigo...

Should I just delete the comma in the date? I looked at the rest of the questions/answers as well...I have another question that utilizes a comma in the answer (it's a number)...think I should rework that question as well?

Thanks for the support on this...

Now that I'm back home (had to work late again), I can look at your cartridge.

As I mentioned, it works in Webwigo.  It also works in Groundspeak's emulator, which should be the standard that works in all apps.  The Wherigo.com site does not seem to alter the cartridge in a way that alters the question's answer.

I copied your cartridge in Kit and moved all zones to where I am (I just copied and pasted my coordinates into each zone's coordinate box--anyone can do that, but be sure to make a copy of the cartridge first so you won't lose your original coordinates).  I downloaded it through Wherigo.com and played it while sitting at my computer.  All events worked and all questions were answerable.

I'm using an iPhone 7 Plus.  From the photos you uploaded to your geocaching account, it looks like you have an iPhone 6 Plus.  So you should be using the same Wherigo app I am.  Is that correct?  If so, I'm confused as to why you're having an issue.  Could you share with me a link to your cartridge on Wherigo.com?  Perhaps something is a little different?

I did, by the way, update Kit a moment ago.  The update shouldn't affect you.  The update was something for Groundspeak's builder to like questions again.  If you want to try it, you can, but I doubt that would fix your problem unless there wasn't a problem at all.

Anyway, if you want to test something, get the coordinates of where you are, make a copy of the cartridge, and put all the zones at those coordinates.  Download that to your phone via uploading the cartridge to Wherigo.com, then you can test everything from the comfort of where you are.