Golden Spike gathering on 7/1 or 7/2?

fractal

I barely got any response for my 'Top Score Challenge' so that will not be a Golden Spike event...

But.. I do have the spike, and was thinking about getting together at my Top Score cache (www.groundkontrol.com) for a little bit of classic arcade action at 7pm on either Tuesday or Wednesday... At 8pm we could go have some beverages and snacks at either Maya's or Cassidy's...

Who's up for it? What day is preferred?

-fractal

Either day is probably okay, but to be a TRUE Wednesday night spike crew event, well, nevermind. [jurisprudence)]

I'm there, either way. Those little deep-fried octopi are calling my name.

Anyone know if there's a concert at the crystal either of those nights? Because it usually gets kinda interesting when the drunk girls walk by after the show...

all rights reserved, all wrongs reversed

Now that i think about it, Wednesday night has kind of morphed into trivia-night at Dale Lee's, so maybe Tuesday night would be better.

But i totally endorse the Cassidy's event for the next time anyone famous comes to the crystal. I'm like McGruff the Crime Dog, except for the fact that i prefer jewish girls' butts over crime.

all rights reserved, all wrongs reversed

Tuesday defintely not good. Doug goes into work that evening for a monthly 'maintenance window,' and I have an appointment to get my ankh tattoo that evening. And we're refinancing our house and the appraiser is coming out on Wednesday, so we'll be last-minute cleaning like mad! Even though we're sure a clean house won't raise your property value, presenting a good image can't hurt it! Have we enough excuses yet?

Temporarily French Polynesia's most prolific geocachers!

quote:
Originally posted by fractal:

But.. I do have the spike, and was thinking about getting together at my Top Score cache (http://www.groundkontrol.com) for a little bit of classic arcade action at 7pm on either Tuesday or Wednesday...

Hmm... I don't know about this... did anyone else notice the radioactive symbol in the lower left of the main page for the link above? And weren't Dr. Isatopes real initials GK? The same initials for the spot (GameKontrol) that Fractal is now trying to talk us into meeting up at!

Coincidence?!?!? I think SO!

"And then Trogdor smote the Kerrek, and all was laid to burnination."

Alright... I guess no one is going to post a 'follow up' on this one... so I will... here's an update for those of you that weren't there. I arrived at Cassidy's (missed the video games,damnit... wanted to challenge fractal at galaga) so I can only comment and give tips on the Cassidy's portion.

#1 - You missed a great time.

#2 - Be worried when people know the timing and specifics of the methadone clinic 'breaks.' icon_rolleyes.gif

#3 - Squid (aka: calamari) is pretty good in ginger sauce.

#4 - Be sure to get the window seat, there's lots to see here!

#5 - When you move to the bar area and the cute server comes by, stop all conversation (it's customary).

icon_biggrin.gif