Lucky me

PISA-caching

Every now and then I'm looking for categories, in which I haven't posted a waymark yet. I devide them in 3 groups:

Easy: All the things that you can find almost everywhere in the world (for example Wikipedia Entries)
Difficult: All the things of which only one or very few can be found in my country (for example TGI Friday's Restaurants)
Almost impossible: Things that only exist in countries that I will hardly ever visit in the near future (for example Alaska Historic Markers)

One day I stumbled over the Carl Linnaeus and His Apostles category. Definitely not for the Easy group. I started my research, but it seems that neither Carl Linnaeus nor one of his Aspostels has ever visited Austria. They've travelled to far away locations like Africa, South America etc. Soooo, "almost impossible" I thought.

But a few days ago I went through the photos that I took during our vacations in Sweden 3 years ago. And (you already guessed it) I found a photo that shows a building which has a relation to Carl Linnaeus. When I took the photo I had no idea what it was. To me it was just a nice garden with a nice buidling in it. But, it's the so-called Linneanum. One of his apostels had the idea of building it as a tribute to Carl Linnaeus. The further research was a little tricky, because the most informative pages were in Swedish, but finally I found a good text that was quite easy to translate. After submitting the waymark I checked the group and oh-oh the last time an officer had been online was almost a year ago. For a quick success I made another waymark in the Wikipedia Entry category about this Linneanum building.

I was very surprised to receive two "Approved" e-mails only few hours later. WooooooHooooo!!! Finding an "almost impossible" waymark is priceless, no?

• Upvote 1

I occasionally have found new categories that I had not thought about when I was there, but never something this rare. That's an early Christmas present.

I had not found any Humming Stones in my normal home area yet. I thought there would not be any within an hour or so. Then, a couple of days ago, I noticed there is one on the nearest playground, two blocks away, three minutes walking from home.

And I keep a few very rare ones in the back of my head, that are outside outside of my home region and too far away for an explicit Waymarking visit, but still close enough that there is a chance that I happen to be in the area one day. Some of them are probably the only ones in the continent. But I will not tell anyone, of course. :ph34r:

I remember that I once searched the web for a Humming Stone in Vienna, Austria. The first result was a page with a quiz. It shows the photo of a Humming Stone and one of the questions was/is "Where is this Humming Stone?". :-) Fortunately the quiz took place in 2010 and my next search found the page with the answer. That was 3 years ago and it's still the only Humming Stone waymark in Austria.