Uploading Pics

dryad5160

I hope someone can help me. I haven't had problems uploading photos however; when I go to my cache sight and click on the photo, instead of opening the pic in one click it downloads the photo to my desktop. It is the same story for my little graphic here on the forums. I uploaded it so where is it!? Help!!!

If you want to see what I'm talking about, go to Neahkahnie Mountain in zip code 97130. I have only uploaded one photo so far. Click on it and tell me what you get. Thanks in advance.

First, what graphics file format are you using? There is no extension on the file when I click on it and save it. It should have a .jpg, .gif, etc. depending on the type. jpg's are the standard for digital photos on the web, while gif's are used for things like the smiley faces icon_smile.gif. Hope this helps. icon_wink.gif

First, what graphics file format are you using? There is no extension on the file when I click on it and save it. It should have a .jpg, .gif, etc. depending on the type. jpg's are the standard for digital photos on the web, while gif's are used for things like the smiley faces icon_smile.gif. Hope this helps. icon_wink.gif

Yeah, the problem is the missing file extension. The PC has no idea what to do with the file, so it asks you. Just save it again with the appropriate extension (probably .jpg for photos) and it should work. One thing you didn't mention is that when you click on your own photo link it shouldn't work for you either. If it works for you, but not for us, that would be mighty strange . . .