Order of logged caches

Redkitten

When I log or edit an existing log through the app, it always ends up last of today's logs. If I log part of the caches through the app and part directly from gc.com, the program alters the order of the caches which is very annoying. How can I arrange for them to appear in the correct order, how ai have actually found them?

I use the Android app, but it should work the same.  Rather than logging directily, I use the "Draft" version - make notes, or even write your log, then save it as a draft  That preserves the timestamp, so when you do actually go to the website at gc,com, and pull up your drafts to log, you can log them in chronological order.  Scroll down to the bottom of the drafts list, choose to edit the first (actually, last) one, post it, and move to the next.  Logs show in order of find time .... at least it seems to be working that way for me.

Edited by CAVinoGal
typo corrections

Hmmm... I was expecting a quick answer to this one. I'm not expert, but from what I remember reading in the forums: logs entered via the web site are, in effect, timestamped at midnight no matter when they're entered. (I think it's midnight according to the time in Seattle, but it could be one of the other possible midnights.) When the log is filed through the app, the timestamp includes the current time. So for me, at least, since I'm on the US's west coast, that would mean logs filed on-line would always be before anything I logged through an app. I don't know a good way to correct it once you've logged the same day both ways, although I just don't know about it to say whether CAVinoGal's suggestion would work for you.

I don't think it would work. I have tried different tips and tricks but seems I cannot get it right. I every now and then need to edit a log later on, add a picture, drop a TB... this is really a pretty annoying feature. I also use sometimes my iPhone (app) and sometimes iPad (no app!!!) so this makes it even more difficult to handle.

What I've seen several times is that logs submitted via the app show up earlier (below on the cache page) than logs submitted via the website.  That is how some logs show up on a cache page below the Published log, especially in cases of FTF/Will Attend logs.

If a cacher submits all their logs for a day using the same system (all logs via app or all logs via website), then things should turn out okay for them.  But the ordering of logs will be messed up if a cacher submits some logs via app and then others via website - for the same date.

The other bad thing about logging via the app involves TB's. TB logs submitted via the app tend to be off by an entire day, for me at least.

2 hours ago, noncentric said:

If a cacher submits all their logs for a day using the same system (all logs via app or all logs via website), then things should turn out okay for them.  But the ordering of logs will be messed up if a cacher submits some logs via app and then others via website - for the same date.

The other bad thing about logging via the app involves TB's. TB logs submitted via the app tend to be off by an entire day, for me at least.

This is probably why I've "defaulted" to using the app for drafts (field notes) when I'm out caching, and then doing the actual logs and trackable activity via the website once I get home and I'm on the computer.  I find the trackable stuff to be awkward on the phpone app, and much easier to do once I am on the webstie on my laptop at home.