Notifications not working

Scarch

I use IOS and ATT, as of Friday Nov 3, I stopped receiving alerts/notifications. I receive email notifications, but not TXT or SMS.

HQ is working, but curious if others are experiencing the same.  I'm aware of a few others impacted, locally, wondering if issue is wider spread. I haven't been able to locate a thread here.

Thanks. I've tested both numberATtxt.att.net and numberATmms.att.net. I get the initial message from GS when setting up the email, and I'm able to validate it (apparently I can only have 2 email addresses active (others in the area have at least 3), so I've toggled between the 2 addresses a few time with similar results). However, I don't receive notifications after the address is associated with one of my notifications. Compared results to the emails I receive under a separate notification, and GS and I have both posted notes and disabled caches to test the notification, without success.

I also consistently receive SMS and txt messages at both of the addresses from many other services (schools, kids sports, work, I sent from my email addresses, etc..). GS seems to be the only system where I know I have a problem.

I had ATT check on their end, much more responsive to my request than I expected. They researched and couldn't not find a cause.

I would activate email push notifications, but I receive thousands of emails per day between work and personal, many with attachments, so that would run up my data limit since I can't restrict which account is set to push; and I  would ignore most notifications due to volume.

I'll be patient, and hope GS (and/or ATT) can resolve. I'm anxious to submit a few that I've recently hidden, but I'd like to know the messages go out consistently to the locals.

Sometime after Feb, text notifications resumed, and I have received consistently.

beginning today, text alerts have stopped. About 10 caches have published with no alert text.

hoping this can be revisited.

any others having the same issue

iOS and ATT

13 hours ago, Scarch said:

Sometime after Feb, text notifications resumed, and I have received consistently.

beginning today, text alerts have stopped. About 10 caches have published with no alert text.

hoping this can be revisited.

any others having the same issue

iOS and ATT

Hello @Scarch - I am sorry to hear that you are not receiving your text notifications. These are an important aspect of the game and I can appreciate your frustration. I checked our logs and I can see that in the last 36 hours 11 cache published notifications have been sent successfully to your secondary email address. Unfortunately, we are aware through similar reports in the past that text notifications through ATTs service are sometimes unreliable despite a successful sent message on our end.