We picked a cache we think you will like - No thanks

Every time I start the app I'm greeted with the message

"Geocaches are hidden everywhere! We picked one we think you will like"   Click SHOW ME click NEXT click VIEW move map to somewhere not near where I am.

Actually I know which cache I'm near and I know that's the cache I want to look for.

Is there any way to turn this particularly useless feature OFF

Thank you

What, you refuse to hunt a cache that you will like? :anicute:

I've never seen that particular message.  Did it start with the recent update?  The App does have a lotta popups already.  I'd be fine if I could shut them all off.  But the existence of these popups must be due to most new App users having no clue what the App is for, nor a way to find out.  In which case, I guess I'll just have to live with it.

Edited by kunarion

In the Release Note noncentric kindly linked to it does say, "Players can choose to disregard the cache and choose another, or proceed to navigating to the recommended geocache".  Wording seems like after three "recommended" caches, you're on your own.  

We don't see that (having found a couple), so if "choosing to disregard" isn't clear for you, maybe a mail to "Contact Us" at the bottom of all forum threads may be a good option to ask how.    :)

Thanks for all you replies, seems a little clearer now.

I can see that this feature could be useful if you are on the website, but once you are out in the field and using the app I can't see the point of showing a cache further away than the one I'm heading for, and no way of tuning this feature off.

After reading the release notes it does sound like it will stop after 2 or 3 finds, but as I'm a newbie and have only found one cache so far the popup is still appearing, so I'll have to put up with it a little longer.