View my finds on default Geocaching map

Alkhalikoi

Outside of using the geocaching.com map, you can also download your My Finds pocket query and then load the GPX file in Google Earth or another mapping program.  Or if you use GSAK, open that pocket query in its own database and then run the Google Maps macro.

I've programmed a website, where you can see the caches on a map and a table.

Just create a MyFinds pocket query and load the gpx file on this site:

http://www.thomas-kuehn.de/geocaching/pqs_druck.php

The site is in German but easy to use.

1. Click on "Durchsuchen" to chose the MyFinds.gpx file on your computer.

2. Click on "Datei hochladen..."

Edited by Die Nemos

Another option is GPS Visualizer    This doesn't require downloading/installing any programs, like GSAK.  It does require Premium Membership to get a My Finds PQ though.

• Run a My Finds PQ
  • Download the resulting .zip file
  • Upload that .zip file in the "upload your GPS data files here" section on the right-hand side of the GPS Visualizer page
  • Click the "Draw the map" button

This will open a new browser window with the map and open treasure chest icons representing your found caches.  You can change the map layer by using the drop-down window at the upper right of the map. There are some other options too.

FYI:  The page allows uploading multiple files (both as .zip and .gpx), so can be handy for mapping other PQ's too.  Treasure chest icons on the map show as closed for unfound and open for found.

5 hours ago, Die Nemos said:

I've programmed a website, where you can see the caches on a map and a table.

Just create a MyFinds pocket query and load the gpx file on this site:

http://www.thomas-kuehn.de/geocaching/pqs_druck.php

The site is in German but easy to use.

1. Click on "Durchsuchen" to chose the MyFinds.gpx file on your computer.

2. Click on "Datei hochladen..."

Looks good.  It would be nice if one could upload a zipped version of the PQ results.  Most programming languages (even PHP) have a library that makes it easy to unzip a file.

Although it's nice to see markers on the map, a clickable (or a rollover) which had a bit of information about the cache (name, when found, etc) would be a nice addition.  

I noticed that the markers of a few of the caches it had a number on the marker.  What does that signify.  

Have you though about only displaying cache in the table bounded by the caches currently shown on the map?  What's the point of displaying the Hint in the table.  It's a list of caches one has already found.  It might be more useful to show the find date and possible the first N characters of the log.

The Koords column could be wider so that the coordinates don't wrap.  

I was able to use the site fine even though I don't know German but with just a couple of pages it wouldn't be that difficult to do an English translation.

Hi NYPaddleCacher,

thanks for your remarks. If I have some time, I will improve the site.

The idea, uploading a zip is very nice as it shortens the upload time. This should be easy to be done.

The markers are numbered to 99. I've taken this from another part when I put a list of caches on the map I try to find on a trip. Therefore, 99 was enough but for the big list, of course this makes no sense. Adding some information is also easy to do, I perhaps will do this today.

To limit the caches in the table for the part of map I need to reconstruct the function. I've done this already for another website, but not for this part. I will think about it.

The column width is flexible so far, but I think it makes sense, to make some columns fix. Thanks, I will fix this.

I've done a translation for my complete website a couple of years ago but having a look at the logs shows me, that the really most visitors come from Germany. So it stopped this extra work. But, of yourse, geocaching is more international so I could do some effort into translation.

So, thanks a lot for your review.

Thomas