User functionality - distance from home location

LVSciGuy

There are times when friends have told me of their adventures or itinerary from their previous outings. I can see the caches they have done on said trips but I can't see a distance from my home location although it looks like there is room for that column on that cacher's geocaches found page. It would be helpful when planning my own swing through that area for my own caching adventure if I could see that.  I might or might not be interested in taking the same path through an area or be able to judge what I'd might want to do by virtue of seeing distances without opening each cache page.

In addition, it would be wonderful to be able to "slice" a section of a friend's geocaches found and use that slice as an itinerary pocket query.  

Sincerely,

LVSciGuy

1 hour ago, LVSciGuy said:

In addition, it would be wonderful to be able to "slice" a section of a friend's geocaches found and use that slice as an itinerary pocket query.  

Yeah, like by adding a function to the list of found caches.  When one clicks on a user's profile to see all the caches they have found, there's a set of check boxes on the list, but the only option one has is to download these caches in a .loc file.  Adding the option to add these caches to a bookmark list -- and then create a pocket query based on that list -- would be handy.

edit to add: I also wouldn't mind seeing the distance from home location on those pages, but perhaps it's a question of server load?  I'm not sure what additional resources this might take up if these calculations were run every time someone viewed a list of caches.  Though I'm assuming it wouldn't be terrible, as this calculation is done for me every time I view a bookmark list, be it mine or someone else's.

Edited by hzoi