Metal Geocaching "This is a Geocache" placard

fbingha

Has anyone seen a manufactured metal (tin/aluminum) placard that has something aking to "This is an official geocache, blah blah" that is designed to be placed on a geocache. I have stencils but am looking for something more industrious that can be screwed/riveted to a cache. If you are aware of such an item being produced, please let me know where.

1 hour ago, Wet Pancake Touring Club said:

I have seen some that were handmade. Search for Metal Stamping Kit on the Googles.

The ones that I saw were stamped on aluminum. The aluminum was about 3"x5", and was used to denote the next waypoint for a multi-cache. In addition to the coordinates, it had the name and code for the cache, and the geocaching.com URL.

Thanks. I have metal stamps so I could do that but I was hoping something more professional existed on pressed steel. Looks like there isn't.

Here I've laser engraved an aluminum plate with my own cache label design.  I wanted to try this yesterday but couldn't use the laser engraver til today. :anicute:

This could have holes drilled to mount it onto a box.  I'm guessing  it's also possible to engrave a metal ammo box directly.  In that case, maybe remove a patch of paint down to the metal, engrave, then use clear paint.

IMG_6944.JPG

Edited by kunarion
50 minutes ago, kunarion said:

Here I've laser engraved an aluminum plate with my own cache label design.  I wanted to try this yesterday but couldn't use the laser engraver til today. :anicute:

This could have holes drilled to mount it onto a box.  I'm guessing  it's also possible to engrave a metal ammo box directly.  In that case, maybe remove a patch of paint down to the metal, engrave, then use clear paint.

IMG_6944.JPG

Wow, that is exactly what I am looking for. :thumbsup: