error compiling

OcrazyS

I have started my first cartridge. I add new items, save, and compile regularly. all working great. Emulator running fine. Then I make a few more changes, save, and try to compile but the compile button is grayed out. and I'll go back to the zones page and look at each item. One of them in the events section will have (1) at the end of the line. Im guessing this is an error indicator. The problem is once I encounter the compile button grayed out I can never recover. I can delete 100% of the file, one option at a time but never get the compile button back.  I can load a new file or a backup and be ok but I've been using save cartridge not save as and it's too late by then. Do you use save as and add a new name every time? That's hundreds of files. How can I clear the errors? This file shown had 6 zones and lots of stuff. I have deleted everything but the last zone and the cords and one line to show a message? 

error 1.jpg

error 1a.jpg

The "(1)" and boldface is to let you know something is there.  I'm thinking the number may have been intended to show the number of actions in that event (e.g. enter, proximity), but was dropped in favor of working on some other feature.

I still use Groundspeak's builder for some things and haven't come across the compile button disabling itself.  When you get to that state, have you tried closing the application and reopening it?  (I only maintain a couple copies of my cartridge while working, but that's because I'm frequently editing author script and experimenting.)

If you can come up with reliable instructions to reproduce it (test them out twice over on your computer first, please), feel free to send me the cartridge file and all its images via a zip file to the email address in my geocaching profile.  I'd like to see if I can get it to do what you're seeing.  There has to be something odd, perhaps with your setup, that I'm not seeing from your description of the problem.