Statistic Country/Region Counts

kaschper69

Hello,

I had just looked at the statistics concerning the distribution of the waymarks per country and region and was amazed that Germany suddenly has 17 federal states
:D

Rhode Island has made it to Germany with a Waymark, but is also assigned to the USA with currently 1,447 Waymarks.

Is this a fault in the system or was there a wrong assignment made when a Waymark was created?

2017-10-26_110608.jpg

I don't know if this was the case here, too, but I have experienced once, that when you type fast enough, the state selection has not yet switched to the current country and accepts inputs in the older list for a fraction of a second. I can hardly happen anymore now, but there was a time when the server responses were much slower.

That is no problem to have the problem with the regions.

If you have a slow internet connection, often the regions does not change or change very slowly.

The error was made by me, typing G for Germany and R for Rheinland-Pfalz.

If I did not see this error, Rhode Island will be a part of Germany :-)

Tell me if it happens again.

Edited by CADS11

I'm pretty sure we've all made this mistake at one time or another. I know of 2 times I did it when they changed map programs on the page from Google to what we use now and the maps didn't show. Caught them a couple days after they were approved while browsing my waymarks looking to see what needed work. Not a big deal and easy to correct.