Garmin 64s “not enough space” error for caches

Hey all - I’m trying to download pocket queries into my Garmin 64s like I’ve done a hundred times before, but now it won’t do the copy to the GPX file. It’s says there is not enough free space to do the copy.  I have cleared all the old caches from the unit, and waypoints. It confirms that it is empty when I turn it on. I have looked at everything, and I am stumped.  I tried deleting and recreating my queries, and I get the same message. Has anyone seen this before?  I don’t get why it would suddenly start doing this. :(

Seeing this topic and not being Mac savvy, I cannot help but go off at a slight tangent and  toss in the suggestion of storing PQ's on your 64s  on a micro SD card if you haven't done so already.

I have a 64s and a 750T and keep PQ and third party OSM maps thereon.  GC's sometime disappear although the GPX file is still seen on the device.

The removable card allows one to re-index GC's if they disappear as has happened to me several times.

[ take out SD card , reboot, reinsert card reboot and they are restored}

7 hours ago, mikeD said:

Seeing this topic and not being Mac savvy, I cannot help but go off at a slight tangent and  toss in the suggestion of storing PQ's on your 64s  on a micro SD card if you haven't done so already.

I have a 64s and a 750T and keep PQ and third party OSM maps thereon.  GC's sometime disappear although the GPX file is still seen on the device.

The removable card allows one to re-index GC's if they disappear as has happened to me several times.

[ take out SD card , reboot, reinsert card reboot and they are restored}

Regardless of whether or not the PQ files are stored on a SD card, Macs still create a trash folder on every drive mounted, which means you'll still need to empty the trash if your workflow includes opening the GPX folder in a Finder window and deleting the files (ie, sending them to the trash bin).