And then...

fractal

Different than the first game, but still a good time... I hope!

To play, I would like everyone to pitch in $3. This money will go towards appetizers for the group at the after-party. You're on your own for beverages icon_wink.gif

Things needed:

GPS (duh!)

FRS radio

$3

Some form of transportation

The Game will start in a Hillsboro park (I'm thinking a Saturday in July around noon). There is plenty of parking available, but please try to carpool. MAX does go near the park, but it's quite a walk.

The group will be divided into X number of teams. You will be working separately, yet together. The groups will be directed to various spots around Hillsboro where they must complete tasks to collect pieces of a puzzle, and other objects.

When everything is completed, you will locate a cache that contains the location and the money for the after-party.

Would a Saturday at noon work for most folks?

Is everyone 'ok' with pitching in $3 for appetizers?

Please post if you are interested! I'll see if I can reserve a space for us... Or we can just take over 'Geo-Riot' style icon_wink.gif

-fractal

First off, in an effort to be fair I will pitch in $6 for appetizers (urrp) if I can make it.

I will be in Victoria with Grandpa Rocks participating in the Cache Machine on the 12th. The 26th is the company picnic. The 19th my wife is out of town and CrashNBurnGirl has a swim meet until..., well I have all the kids so it may be moot.

July 33rd or even better, the 40th (maybe that's into August already icon_eek.gif ) are looking like my most likely Saturdays

quote:
Originally posted by bazzle:

Works for me as long as it is not 7/5. I will have the blues that day...

I second this one. I'll also be at the Blues Festival -- I'll be listening on channel 2/0. Saturdays will be hard, but I'd like to be there and $3 is more than reasonable.

Marathon Man you slay me. That's where i've been all month. The 19th of july is best for me and here's why. On the 5th I will be recovering, nuff said. On the 12th I work sat night so I have to sleep. The 26th I will be on my way to San Dog for some visiting, caching, swimming, and world class margaritas at casa de pico located in bazzar del mundo. Priceless?

Is there a reason that it needs to be on a saturday? I just remember the last Game happening just before sundown. Added a bit of a twist when Fractal (or whoever) spun the car round in the parking lot, then did the drive by cluing, all while wearing a skeleton mask. Ooh... I'm getting chills just thinking of it. Pretty much any day with enough notice, and we'll do everything in our power to make it.

"And then Trogdor smote the Kerrek, and all was laid to burnination."

$3 a piece is quite fair, and frankly, we don't mind if you keep it for yourself! After The Game last summer, we sure wouldn't miss it!

We're gonna be out of town 7/11-13 for our monthly (at least during the summer) camping/caching weekend with buddies. Sorry, but we won't cancel that even for you, fractal! We have plans to go caching and tooling around on backroads next Saturday 7/5, but that day-trip could be moved if need be...

--laurak

Temporarily French Polynesia's most prolific geocachers!

We're waiting with baited breath here! We'll be out of town camping over Labor Day weekend, but are available most other weekends. 8/9 is Trading Caches, 8/16 is The Golden "N". How about 8/23? I haven't seen anyone complain about that date yet.

I think I posted on another topic that the date for Game2 will be 8/23.

QM, you and Sassquatch can just wake up early that day... I was thinking of starting it around noon-ish.. maybe lasting about 2 hours.

It's quite a bit different than the first Game, but still should be fun and unique... I hope! icon_biggrin.gif

-fractal

-=-=-=-=-=-=-

N 45* 30.ish

W 122* 58.ish

quote:
Originally posted by fractal:

And then...

"NO AND THEN!"

icon_wink.gif Sorry, had to throw in the quote from possibly one of the dumbest movies ever made. That is, of course, unless you're well into that keg of adult-type beverage, then it's not too bad of a movie.

----

Never let Common Sense Get in the Way of Determination.

I'm sorry to see it go, but at the same time I'm somewhat glad because we weren't going to be able to make it anyways. Hopefully if/when it does show up we'll be able to make it now. WAIT! I'm beginning to sense a pattern here...

http://ubbx.Groundspeak.com/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&s=5726007311&f=9316058331&m=90360862&r=82360862#82360862

Yeah.. I know... But this year, Halloween is happening!

A location has been provided.. A general list of events has been worked out... We're just working on a few details.

Only thing that's sort of a bummer is that the location is a house, and we can only have about 35, maybe 40, people at the most. We might put out a "golden ticket" method of deciding who can come... More details as we figure this stuff out!

-fractal

quote:
Originally posted by familyO'foxes:

When I saw the title of this cache - And then .... I thought this was a joke from the movie Dude Where's My Car! Remember when they are at the drive through ordering Chinese food...and the voice keeps saying "and then"?! Or something to that effect.

~Amy icon_biggrin.gif

NO AND THEN!!! NO AND THEN!!!