Missing Icon

pchappuis

On 10/20/2017 at 5:24 AM, pchappuis said:

Why this "Geo-Achievement 24 Hours 200 Caches Geocoin" have no Icon, instead of the others which have?

On 10/20/2017 at 1:22 PM, cerberus1 said:

If no custom icon is ordered, the trackable will receive the generic icon

I've run across more than one trackable series over the years that was supposed to have a custom icon but didn't get one, through error, oversight, etc.  If this series was advertised as having unique icons, and the 48 and 72 ones have it, then I would presume the 24 should as well.

Recommend the OP contact both the TB manufacturer and the Groundspeak help center and let them know that a custom icon isn't appearing for this TB.

On ‎10‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 5:24 AM, pchappuis said:

Hello.

Why this "Geo-Achievement 24 Hours 200 Caches Geocoin" have no Icon, instead of the others which have?

TY for answering.

Best regards

2017-10-20 11_24_58-Clipboard.jpg

Some coin designers have failed to send the image for the icon, but that is not the complete answer.

Here's a thread about what seems like way too many missing icons, where I tried to research the issue and where I was sent directly down a rabbit hole.  I was astonished to find out that Groundspeak does not ensure that a purchased icon is properly displayed.  Somecacher must first notice the problem and ask TPTB to correct it, and as you'll see by the generic icons to this day in that thread, even asking is not enough.  :ph34r:

Edited by kunarion
On ‎10‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 1:22 PM, cerberus1 said:

In the Help Center under Trackable Digital Icons, it reads, "Geocachers love to collect custom digital icons for their profile pages.  Digital icons are unique and represent a specific Trackable series. If no custom icon is ordered, the trackable will receive the generic icon". 

2 hours ago, hzoi said:

I've run across more than one trackable series over the years that was supposed to have a custom icon but didn't get one, through error, oversight, etc.  If this series was advertised as having unique icons, and the 48 and 72 ones have it, then I would presume the 24 should as well.

Recommend the OP contact both the TB manufacturer and the Groundspeak help center and let them know that a custom icon isn't appearing for this TB.

I captured the rest of my post, so it was clear that it's a Help Center quote, and not something I just made up...