How do i get correct coords?

craftydogs

My first instinct is to say that most cache owners use a GPS, because most handheld GPS units these days have a feature called waypoint averaging. Essentially, the GPS will take multiple readings over a period of time, averaging them, letting you know when each new point no longer moves the average a meaningful distance. This gets you the best estimate of your location.

But I hesitate to suggest this is the primary method of most owners because smartphones have gotten so much better at returning an accurate location. So the answer is to find an app that has a waypoint averaging feature. Which apps might depend if you are an iPhone or Android user, as the apps for each are different. If you're an iPhone user, read up on Cachely to see if it has any cache owner tools built in (such as waypoint averaging). On Android, my gut says Locus Pro. It seems to be a full-featured mapping and GPS app. But as I'm primarily a GPS cacher, I'm not too up to speed on apps that would replace my GPS.

Regardless of which app you're using, make sure you actually have the GPS receiver turned on in your phone's location preferences (set it to most accurate method). Always give your phone or GPS a few minutes to settle before starting an averaging session.

++ A quick google search turned up an app for Android and iOS called GPS Averaging (both separate apps, but do the same thing). At bare minimum, these will work for you.