[BUG] List notifications not stopping

Hynz

I never had notifications switched on for any of my lists.

Seven days ago I looked to my lists using the new view.

Out of curiosity I switched the notification slider on one of my lists to on and immediately back to off.

Now seven days later I'm still receiving bookmark mails and since it was a big list (my DNFs :lol:) it's quite annoying.....

Edited by Hynz

Thanks for reporting this bug. I have tested with my own Lists. There appears to be a syncing issue between the new List view and old list view, when it comes to notification preferences. I'll report it to engineering.

In the meantime, you can fix the problem by going to the old version of lists, select Edit for the list you need, uncheck the box "Notify me when items on this list are logged", and save by selecting "Edit Bookmark List."  Then you won't get those pesky emails anymore.

17 hours ago, Frau Potter said:

Thanks for reporting this bug. I have tested with my own Lists. There appears to be a syncing issue between the new List view and old list view, when it comes to notification preferences. I'll report it to engineering.

In the meantime, you can fix the problem by going to the old version of lists, select Edit for the list you need, uncheck the box "Notify me when items on this list are logged", and save by selecting "Edit Bookmark List."  Then you won't get those pesky emails anymore.

Of course I immediately had a look how the checkboxes were set when viewing and editing this very list also in the old view. The checkbox was not set as expected.

What I've done now in the old view:

*) setting the checkbox and clicking "Edit Bookmark List"

*) again opening the list in edit mode, verifying that checkbox was set

*) deselecting the checkbox and clicking "Edit Bookmark List"

Let's see if this was just a hickup.

On 19/10/2017 at 9:11 PM, Frau Potter said:

Later in the day, we tried to reproduce this problem and could not. If anyone else finds a similar problem, please post your specific issue here, so that we can followup.

I'm having the same problem, in the last few days I have received Email notifications for a list that doesn't have the notification set in the new view, see screenshot below. If it helps the bookmark code is BM4EV87.

I have now enabled and disabled notifications for the list to see if it will stop notifications, but I guess I won't know that for several days.

Screenshot from 2017-11-26 22-50-00.png