24 hours in Sydney Australia, no car, where to cache?

actualsize

I'm headed way down south to a "neighbouring country" on a business trip, and I'll be in Sydney at an airpot hotel for one night. I'll probably get settled in by 1400 on 05 Nov, and will need to haul myself to the airport by 1130 the next morning on 06 Nov. That gives my an afternoon, an evening and the next morning to cache. It looks like the train is my best bet, but where to go? Opera house and such seems like the obvious tourist move, but I'm not sure teeny tiny micros in a city are my style. If they're good hides, sure, I'm all over it.

I'm looking for suggestions. I may decide to create an event on Nov 05 (my birthday, as it happens) so I can swap bugs, too, but the location for that depends on where I might want to spend my limited time (with no wheels) caching. I suppose I could hire a car and expand my radius. Hmm.

Suggestions? I'm all ears.

Dan

I would catch a train to Circular Quay as soon as i get in.

There are two earthcaches at the opera house and one at Mrs MacQuarie's chair.  Plenty of caches in The Rocks and a nice multi or two.

There are plenty of places to eat and nice views of the bridge and opera house.

There is a nice puzzle cache not far from the airport which you may be able to get in the morning.

Feel free to email me for more help, but I will be offline most of the next two weeks

• Upvote 1

G'day Dan

I have a suggestion for you. What about finding my 15 stage multi that will take you on a tour of most of the main tourist spots you would probably want to visit in the short time you are here. The cache is GC6HR8E - At The Governor's Pleasure. https://coord.info/GC6HR8E

This cache has 61 Favourite Points which currently equates to a 95% rating. I'm sure you would be impressed with the tour and history lesson as well as the final cache location and container. It's a large sized cache in a city CBD. Along the way, there is an earthcache as well as a virtual you could grab. I'm sure you could find all the stages on the Sunday afternoon but you may have to come back into the city first thing Monday morning, before you need to be at the airport, to find the final cache. Have a read of the logs and see if you would like to give it a bash.

You could also host an event at Circular Quay on that Sunday evening of your birthday.

I would also be more than happy to act as your guide for this one. If you are interested, send me a message via the Message Centre and we'll go from there.

Cheers, Calypso62

• Upvote 1