Hyperlinks in Old Profile Inoperative

Seawind

I've noticed for a few days now that the links (mostly to cache listings) on my Profile page no longer work in the original Profile.  They seem to work fine in the new Profile.

From the original Profile, either nothing happens upon clicking, a blank Profile page comes up, or the listing is displayed within a copy of my Profile page.  Very weird.

Is this a known issue?  I couldn't find any references to it.

I'm referring to the lists of caches in my Profile, not the links at the top that are supposed to be bookmarks to areas within the Profile.

Thanks!

Just tried old and new profile experiences on your profile.  I didn't try all the links, but I tested GC11GZA, Zoom Lens.  The link worked fine on both old and new profile experiences, though both were redirected from

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=77e984ba-e639-4bc1-93c9-489185dae12b

to

https://www.geocaching.com/geocache/GC11GZA_zoom-lens?guid=77e984ba-e639-4bc1-93c9-489185dae12b

Edited by hzoi
sp

The cache listing links in my Profile (original version) still seem to be problematic.  Most do not respond at all when clicked.  I modified "Zoom Lens" and it now brings up part of the cache listing embedded in a new Profile page, rather than linking right to the listing.

This is true on two separate PCs that I have tried, and when I had a friend try, he had the same results.

Same in Chrome, Edge and Firefox.

The links in the New Profile, which are identical, work great.

In the old Profile, under Chrome, I can right-click a link and "Open in a new page" and it works fine.

The old Profile worked correctly until about a week or 10 days ago.  

It would be great to get this resolved!

Thanks!

On 10/23/2017 at 11:58 AM, Seawind said:

The cache listing links in my Profile (original version) still seem to be problematic.  Most do not respond at all when clicked.  I modified "Zoom Lens" and it now brings up part of the cache listing embedded in a new Profile page, rather than linking right to the listing.

Yeah, that's really odd.  I'm seeing it too in the old profile experience.  I'm no programmer, but I'm pretty sure that shouldn't happen.

7 minutes ago, hzoi said:
On 10/23/2017 at 8:58 AM, Seawind said:

Yeah, that's really odd.  I'm seeing it too in the old profile experience.  I'm no programmer, but I'm pretty sure that shouldn't happen.

Interesting. If I just click, then nothing happens. If I Ctrl-click or Shift-Ctrl-click, then the link opens in a new tab, even through Groundspeak's link hacking normally breaks this functionality. If I middle-click or Shift-middle-click, then the link opens in a new tab as well, although that is less noteworthy since Groundspeak's link hacking doesn't normally break that functionality.