GeoHunter app - cache text font size problem, maybe caused by GSAK or Droid OS?

JL_HSTRE

I've been using the GeoHunter app since 2010. It's great for two things:

1. Interfaces very well with Google Maps and Google Satellite Maps

2. I can load a GPX into it and it will show me only the caches in my GPX (I use a different app for "on the fly" caching)

Even though the developer hasn't supported it in a long time, the app has worked great for me on several different Droid phones including  my current one. However, this summer something has changed I don't know why. When I go see the Details of the cache all the text is now HUGE. It used to be normal sized so it would fit on the screen properly. I figured out how to change the font size in my Droid and tested it as a smaller font size. The size of the cache details text did not change, although the font on the list of nearby caches does. Further, I noticed that not only is the text enlarged, the smileys next to each log are also enlarged.

I export my GPX from GSAK so maybe something changed in GSAK to cause the text issue? I'm still using GPX v1.0 and I don't see anything in GSAK or GeoHunter to change the text font size. Or maybe something changed with the Droid OS recently that caused this?

Can anyone help?

Edited by Joshism

Recent changes to the Android OS has changed how some apps format the screen. The developers usually quickly adjust their apps accordingly. It happens with iOS, too. Sometimes you can adjust local settings to compensate, other times you have to wait until the developer catches up again. 

4 hours ago, JohnCNA said:

Recent changes to the Android OS has changed how some apps format the screen.

Well in that case I am SOL.

Can anyone recommend an actively supported app that allows me to display on the map only the caches I have loaded from a GPX? All the time or as filter - either would be fine.

9 hours ago, Joshism said:

Well in that case I am SOL.

Can anyone recommend an actively supported app that allows me to display on the map only the caches I have loaded from a GPX? All the time or as filter - either would be fine.

Locus Pro, with the Geocaching4Locus plugin will do what you want. I use it all the time.

You can import GPX files, or bookmarks, into  their own filters, each filter can be individually displayed or hidden , and live mapping can be turned off and on as required.

There's a free version of Locus, which also supports Geocaching but I'm not sure which of the features are only available in the paid version.

• Upvote 1