GeoWoodstock 2018 Just went Giga!

KBLAST

3 hours ago, The A-Team said:

I'm thoroughly confused. Didn't we have a discussion a little while back and determined that Mega events couldn't be upgraded to Giga status, but rather had to be designated as a Giga right from the start?

Could be wrong, but I believe that's backwards.  :)   By the Help Center ...

"Giga-Events must first exist as very successful Mega-Events. They have demonstrated the ability to attract thousands of geocachers with their superb activities and organization. Events cannot currently apply specifically for Giga status. Instead, Geocaching HQ evaluates existing Mega-Events to see if they qualify for Giga status. If an event is eligible for Giga status, Geocaching HQ reach out to the event organizers and will sponsor and support event organizers with their event".

One of the things we had to do to make the jump from Mega to Giga was have 3000 "Will Attend" logs.  I am excited to have the opportunity to be a small part of this (serving on a small committee) but I also see the potential for complete chaos due to the size of the event at this point.  Time will tell....