gpx-File for Caches in Vancouver Island

PeterBlake

Hello,

next year I will travel to Vancouver Island (Canada) for 3 weeks. Naturally, I will seach caches (only traditional caches). I will not have smartphone with internet, but I will use a garmin-gps.

I know, how to export gpx-fies from geocaching.com and how to import into the garmin. But the gpx-file is restricted to 1000 caches.

How is it possible to get a gpx-file with all traditonal caches from Vancouver island?

best regards,

Olaf

I would use multiple pocket queries using different Location Origins to get the "coverage" you are looking for.  You can view each query on a map to make sure you're getting the area you need.  I've used this method when visiting both Seattle and Portland.  In Seattle, we had several queries that covered from Sea-Tac Airport all the way up to Edmonds PLUS I had a query for the caches on a route for the drive from Boise to Seattle.  All of this was loaded on the Garmin, along with all the Boise caches, with no issues.

You can customize your query for traditional caches only but I bet there are some pretty cool earth caches and virtual caches that would be worth checking out.

I use a Garmin Oregon 600 loaded with queries, I haven't had a storage issue yet.

Hope this helps.