Geocaching in Bonaventure Cemetery

Rose Red

Next spring I will be geocaching/visiting Savannah.  How do I get to Benaventure Cemetery on public transportation from my hotel - B Historic Spot.  Is public transportation near the cemetery safe?  If I choose to take a Bonaventure Cemetery Walking Tour that would provide transportation to and from my hotel which is the best Bonaventure Cemetery Walking Tour?  I love Virtuals and looking forward to finding them at the cemetery plus learning the history of Savannah.

49 minutes ago, Rose Red said:

Next spring I will be geocaching/visiting Savannah.  How do I get to Benaventure Cemetery on public transportation from my hotel - B Historic Spot.  Is public transportation near the cemetery safe?  If I choose to take a Bonaventure Cemetery Walking Tour that would provide transportation to and from my hotel which is the best Bonaventure Cemetery Walking Tour?  I love Virtuals and looking forward to finding them at the cemetery plus learning the history of Savannah.

I've only visited Savannah a couple of times but I suspect that public transportation is quite safe.   You might also consider taking the bus (about a half hour ride) to Tybee Island for a day.  Rent a bike when you get there and you'll easily be able to cover the whole island.  There's some nice geocaching on the island and the beach is really nice.

While I can not answer the question about transportation, I can tell you that there are no longer any geocaches in cemeteries managed/maintained by the city of Savannah. All of them were archived at the request of the city a few years back. The affected cemeteries are: Bonaventure, Greenwich, Colonial Park and both halves of Laurel Grove.

Of course, the history and beauty of the cemeteries is still there to be enjoyed.