I Messed Up My Find Count

marshajean

Well, this was really stupid, and now I don't know how to fix it.  Yesterday I accidentally marked a cache as found.  When I realized I had mixed it up with another cache, I went back in and deleted the log.  Then I posted a new DNF'd log.  The original log was archived, which makes sense, but my Find Count still gives me credit for the cache.  I realize now, I should have just edited the log and changed it too a DNF, but it's too late.  Does anyone know how I can get my Find Count back to what it should be?  I know it's not a national crisis, but, you know how it is.  :wacko::(

13 minutes ago, marshajean said:

I realize now, I should have just edited the log and changed it too a DNF, but it's too late.  Does anyone know how I can get my Find Count back to what it should be?

No what you did is perfectly OK, it will just take a while for the system to catch up. I think it will automatically catch up the next time you log a find, or within 24 hours, whichever comes first.

• Upvote 1

So embarrassed and apologize for wasting everyone's time.  Checked with Groundspeak, and they couldn't find any issue.  It then occurred to me to compare my "My Finds" pocket query with my "Marsha's Finds" in GSAK ( which is where I was one find short).  It could have been a lengthly process, but fortunately, I got lucky.  I found that I had inadvertently deleted a cache from 2016 in my database that had a very similar name to one I had just found.  I have no idea how I did that, but it was driving me crazy that the numbers didn't match.  I always compare my numbers in the database to my website count, and they coincided until this last time, so I figured the error occurred when I logged that find mentioned above. 

Thanks to everyone for their help.

• Upvote 2