new forum help?

LaurenCat

so these new forums are pretty neat but my profile looks all wierd. it has older stuff on it and it doesn't match my current profile on the geocaching page. i tried to change it so that it matched but that didn't work. does someone out there know something that i don't? thanks.

I chose LaurenCat because LaurenKittenPoniesFlowersPinkSunshineFairyMeowMeowRainbowHeartLoveBunnyKissKiss was just too F-ing long.

Yeah, that's pretty weird. I don't know why it doesn't just link to our regular profile pages. Maybe Elias can shed some light on this. Let's see if we can get him to poke his head in here...

Also, Elias, there does not seem to be a 'close thread' feature in these forums. Is that intentional?

- !

icon_geocachingwa.gif

yeah, i can't figure out why the forum profile is different from my regular profile, but when i try to change the forum profile it sends me to the regular one, which is fine. grrrrr!

i checked elias's forum profile so that i could send him an email, but there's no "contact this user" on the forum profile and i didn't feel ambitious enough to find him on the regular pages. oh well. i hope it all gets figured out.

I chose LaurenCat because LaurenKittenPoniesFlowersPinkSunshineFairyMeowMeowRainbowHeartLoveBunnyKissKiss was just too F-ing long.

quote:
Originally posted by Seth!:

Also, Elias, there does not seem to be a 'close thread' feature in these forums. Is that intentional?

No. For moderators and topic starters, there should be an Admin tab at the top which when clicked, brings a drop-down box and one of those options should be "Close". If its not there, let me know and I'll look into this further.

frog.gif Elias

quote:
Originally posted by Elias:

For moderators and topic starters, there should be an Admin tab at the top which when clicked, brings a drop-down box and one of those options should be "Close". If its not there, let me know and I'll look into this further.

frog.gif Elias

It's not there--at least not from threads prior to the change. Laurencat, do you see an option for you to close this thread? (Not that you should!!)

- !

icon_geocachingwa.gif

i don't see the link- the tabs at the top of my page include new, find, myspace, notify, tools, and reply. they're the same as threads i didn't start.