Public Presentations About Washington Geology at GSA Annual Meeting Oct. 22 2017

GeoawareGSA1

Dear EarthCachers,
Below is an excerpt of a press release just issued by the Geological Society of America (GSA). We hope some of you can join us in Seattle!
Best wishes,
Matt Dawson, GSA

Discover Washington State Geology with the Experts

Geological Society of America Opens Annual Meeting Event to the Public and the Geocaching Community

Boulder, CO, USA: The Seattle community is invited to spend an afternoon learning about local geology, courtesy of the Geological Society of America's (GSA) Annual Meeting & Exhibition, being held at Seattle's Washington State Convention Center, 22-25 October.

Three lectures on Sun., 22 Oct., 1:00-4:00 p.m., in Washington State Convention Center Room 203, will be open to the public without a meeting registration fee. Attendance at these talks is available on a first-come, first-served basis, with a capacity of 100 attendees. Educators and EarthCache enthusiasts (a GSA outreach partnership with Geocaching.com) will find particular interest in the program, but everyone is welcome.

After the talks, attendees are invited to tour the Exhibit Hall associated with the meeting, which includes more than 200 organizations representing various aspects of the earth sciences, including tools and instrumentation, rock, gem & mineral vendors, jewelry and gifts, educational products and supplies (books, maps), university programs, government science agencies (federal, state, local, and international), professional societies and associations, and more. Exhibit Hall (Halls 4AB) hours on Sunday, 22 Oct., are 2:00-7:00 p.m.

The three presentations by professional geologists and educators will each be followed by a short question and answer session. (Presentation times are subject to change; any updates will be posted on the meeting website.)

• Upvote 2

I wish we could get something like this out in California. This seems like my kind of meeting. I really like the fact that there’s an initiative to educate the public about geology, which is a HUGE reason why I love EarthCaches in the first place. Good on the GSA for this one.

Edited by Rapaladude