Geocache app on android

Mr Bluesky

Which App?  Also, is it the one for Android or iPhone?

Where in the App are you inputting the numbers?

I created a new waypoint in the Official Geocaching App, and “N 50° 49.942 W 000° 22.871” set a new point in Worthing just fine. Note that the format I typed is different from your post.

Are you entering it in the format of “N 50.49.942 W 000.22.871”? That is not the way coordinates are presented in the Official App.

Here's how the new waypoint entry form looks after I save it:

Screenshot_20171004-0841082.jpg

One way to use coordinates is to start navigation to any cache, such as the currently selected puzzle or multi where you need to enter a new waypoint. Tap the menu icon at the lower right corner of the screen, then tap “New Waypoint” and type the coordinates in “Degrees, Decimal Minutes”, such as “N 50” for degrees and “49.942” for minutes, “W 000” for degrees and “22.871” for minutes.

You may instead type coordinates directly into a map App, such as “Google Maps” or a “GPS” App.

If instead you want to hunt caches in "Worthing", for example, use the App's magnifying glass "Search" icon instead, select "Location" and type "Worthing", to see available caches in that area.

Edited by kunarion
  • Upvote 2
On 10/4/2017 at 5:04 AM, Mr Bluesky said:

When i input the N and W co-ords in the android app it never takes me to the correct location on map.

for example N 50.49.942 W 000.22.871 is in W orthing England but app takes me to somewhere in America.

What am i doing wrong

You've got an extra period between the degrees number and the minutes portion of the coordinates.  It should look like this:

N 50 49.942 W 000 22.871

Not like this:

N 50.49.942 W 000.22.871