Hardware help; Columbia SC

As long as I've been geocaching, I've used the app on my iPhone. Trying to guide my Girls Scout thru Geocache badge & need to teach them to use a handheld GPS. I bought a used Magellan Triton 200.  I have gotten the manual online. But, I've been fiddling with it all day and cannot figure out how to put in coordinates (It won't let me insert a (.) where I want, I can't find out to place the degree symbol, etc.  Is there a local (Columbia SC) who knows this little unit who can walk me thru?  Or meet me in person and I'll buy you a beer as compensation for a little tutoring :-)

Have you tried reading the manual?

http://support.magellangps.com/support/assets/manuals/604-0002-001_A_200_300_UM.pdf

Generally speaking, you don't input the degrees symbol yourself. It's just there depending upon which coordinate format your device is set to. Since Geocaching.com uses the DD MM.MMM format, that would be the best one to use so that you don't have to make any conversions.

However, rather than enter coordinates in manually, why not just download cache files from the site and transfer them to the device from your computer?

Edited by Mineral2