Blurred pictures on cache descriptions

SN67

I've recently been forced to re-install most of the photos om my cache-sites because I used to use OneDrive to host the pictures. For some reason they suddently changed the link to the photos (but when asking them why, noone could answer!). I CAN make a new one  instead and it works fine (but for how long), so now I'm mooving all the photos to geocaching.com

I've notiched that the pictures on the cache descriptions is kinda blurred now  ... and also for a month ago, when I made the first changes. 

It is, however, only on the cache site. If you right-click on a photo and choose "open in a new tab", the picture is absolutely fine.  

I've attached a screenshot of an "old" and "new" version of a page. It's very clear(!) that the pictures on the right is blurred. The cache in this example is: https://coord.info/GC6NEW6 

You can try for yourself to see, that right-click showes a perfectly sharp picture.

Has anyone else noticed this? And how (where) do I address a complaint to the masters on GC?  

Cheers from Denmark :)

good-bad-pictures.JPG

Edited by SN67

You can contact Geocaching.com at the Help Center here:  https://www.geocaching.com/help/

I see the difference in you example above, but when viewing the actual cache page, it's fine.  This is in IE11, also Edge and Chrome, and even at my usual 125% zoom.  My zoom setting is what usually causes the blurring for me.  The only issue I've seen lately is the blurry "Geocaching.com" logo in the top banner of this Forum that nobody seems capable to fix. :ph34r:

Your source photos are a lot larger than the size defined on the cache page.  Wild guess, your web browser compresses them into a blurry form when resizing.  You could try uploading images at the size necessary.

Edited by kunarion

I think you have a point, kunarion. I just checked in Firefox, and it looked fine there. In IE it didn't look quite right to me, but not blurred. Chrome is my primary browser (whereas you apparently didn't have any problems with that one).

You may have a point regarding the size of the pictures, but on the other hand, the size is exactly the same as when the photos were hosted at OneDrive. All things considered, I'm happy that it apparently only is me who see the blur.

I do need to see an optometrist, but I'm not sure it will solve this problem B) :ninja: :P 

Thanks for your time :)

7 hours ago, SN67 said:

I think you have a point, kunarion. I just checked in Firefox, and it looked fine there. In IE it didn't look quite right to me, but not blurred. Chrome is my primary browser (whereas you apparently didn't have any problems with that one).

You may have a point regarding the size of the pictures, but on the other hand, the size is exactly the same as when the photos were hosted at OneDrive. All things considered, I'm happy that it apparently only is me who see the blur.

I do need to see an optometrist, but I'm not sure it will solve this problem B) :ninja: :P 

Thanks for your time :)

I can't find a lot of current info about blurred images in web browsers.  But at one time, I was noticing blurry photos on my cache pages, uploaded them again, and they were still blurry.  I eventually realized it was my IE "Zoom" setting must be at 100% and no higher, or else the images get blurry  (but the latest version of IE doesn't seem to have this effect).  About that time, someone started a thread about blurry images in IE, so I was very familiar with how to fix that particular problem.  :)

I thought that Chrome had a setting for fast image loading (to save bandwidth) that could be a suspect, but I haven't found any info about that.

Anyway, here's one article about Chrome for further reading:

https://stickystatic.com/tech/browser-images-blurry

Edited by kunarion