Log a "visit" on the TB page when I DNF the cache?

HebnDex

Hi,

i tried searching for an answer but couldn't find any.

Yesterday I stopped by a cache but did not find the actual cache, what is the etiquette around this where TBs are concerned? Can I still log the "visit" on the TB page to show that the TB was in this location regardless of my inability to find the cache?

Thanks in advance

Heather

Hi Heather.

I think that's just fine, though not commonly done.  All you can really say is, you think you visited the TB, since of course there's no way of knowing for sure.  I can't imagine anyone complaining about an informative log.

If a TB has been in a cache for a while, the owner might be keeping a watch on the cache anyway.

So far, I’ve visited a TB to a cache I didn’t find once, but for a specific reason: when I take a picture with the TB, I always attach it to a visited (or other) log of the cache I was looking for at the time, so that the trackable owner knows (roughly) were the picture was taken. If I then happen to DNF the cache, I still want the picture to be associated with that cache, so I still log a visit. But apart from that, I agree with nextlogicalstep.

15 hours ago, HebnDex said:

Yesterday I stopped by a cache but did not find the actual cache, what is the etiquette around this where TBs are concerned?

It's not really going to matter to the cache owner.  So it probably depends on the TB owner.

I only visit one of my own TBs to every cache we find.  I normally don't visit any TBs to a cache I haven't found.

Too late to ask now (you logged it "visited"), but similar to nextlogicalstep,  I just don't see how you were able to visit the cache  without finding it.

With a visit log , you take a trackable to a cache but keep it with you when you leave. 

You visit the cache, not simply the surrounding area...