Oregon geocaching logo

Boojum

quote:
Originally posted by slinger91:

as long as you don't reproduce the logo for profit, it was "ok". I could be wrong though. icon_smile.gif

In the "Additional Legal Terms and Conditions" portion of the license:

All Groundspeak Geocaching logos are to be used "as they appear" and are not to be cut up or resized or altered without express written permission of Groundspeak.

snazzsig.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by slinger91:

as long as you don't reproduce the logo for profit, it was "ok". I could be wrong though. icon_smile.gif

In the "Additional Legal Terms and Conditions" portion of the license:

All Groundspeak Geocaching logos are to be used "as they appear" and are not to be cut up or resized or altered without express written permission of Groundspeak.

snazzsig.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by Boojum:

I have sent off an e-mail asking for permission.

In the meantime, you could still tell me which one you like better.

I personally like the 'looks' of the one w/ the tree better. Yeah, Oregon is the Beaver State, and my husband is a HUGE Beaver football fan, but that aside, I feel that when people think of Oregon, they think of trees before beavers. Some people may not even recognize the silhouette of a beaver, though everyone knows what a tree looks like!

There was one cache we were searching for though where we saw several trees that had been gnawed on by beavers...

Sorry, the hour is too late to get hubby's opinion. Knowing him, he'd vote for the beaver one (you know, the football thing). Tomorrow we're going down to Corvallis for the OSU football season opener. Go Beavs!

I also found this language on the link provided by Mr. Snazz.

quote:
* We are also willing to make allowances for those of you who have creative ideas and want to do something fun for your friends and fellow Geocachers. The Groundspeak Geocaching Logos may be used only on non-commercial items.

quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Snazz:

There have been several attempts at Oregon State University to genetically engineer a more superior Beaver, able to stand up to Ducks, but thus far those attempts have met with mixed success.

Well, somehow there's actually a beaver living in the water near our Rabbit's Waterfront Scramble cache. That beaver HAS to be genetically engineered if he's actually able to live in the Willamette icon_wink.gif He's so cute.

Anyways, I'd go with the beaver I guess, just because it's a lot cuter (sp?) than a tree icon_razz.gif

buneatg.gifI am the Rabbit King, I can do anything

quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Snazz:

There have been several attempts at Oregon State University to genetically engineer a more superior Beaver, able to stand up to Ducks, but thus far those attempts have met with mixed success.

Well, somehow there's actually a beaver living in the water near our Rabbit's Waterfront Scramble cache. That beaver HAS to be genetically engineered if he's actually able to live in the Willamette icon_wink.gif He's so cute.

Anyways, I'd go with the beaver I guess, just because it's a lot cuter (sp?) than a tree icon_razz.gif

buneatg.gifI am the Rabbit King, I can do anything

quote:

I just got an e-mail with permission to use the modified logo, with one change: the web site address must be moved under the logo rather than across the middle. icon_cool.gif

Ok,does that make my "rare" black, fractal sticker, ill-eagle icon_confused.gif

quote:

I just got an e-mail with permission to use the modified logo, with one change: the web site address must be moved under the logo rather than across the middle. icon_cool.gif

Ok,does that make my "rare" black, fractal sticker, ill-eagle icon_confused.gif

Judging from the beavers' performance (so far) versus EKU, maybe ya DO gotta go with the beaver.

By the way, what exactly is this logo for? Cuz i ain't usin' it unless it features a nun, a can of pbr, and some sort of representation of two things that occur at professional tractor pull meets.

all rights reserved, all wrongs reversed

quote:

Here's one from Oregone's specification...

That is hillarious. I feel stupid for laughing at my computer screen, but it IS funny. sometimes i'm glad i don't have any photo programs.

however, when i said 'things that happen at tractor-pulls,' i didn't mean the actual trucks. don't want to give anyone the wrong impression here, ya know.

and now, my rare emoticon: icon_smile.gif

quote:

Here's one from Oregone's specification...

That is hillarious. I feel stupid for laughing at my computer screen, but it IS funny. sometimes i'm glad i don't have any photo programs.

however, when i said 'things that happen at tractor-pulls,' i didn't mean the actual trucks. don't want to give anyone the wrong impression here, ya know.

and now, my rare emoticon: icon_smile.gif

quote:
Originally posted by White Rabbit:

You should eliminate some of the white in between the pictures. They're too far apart I think.

I agree with White Rabbit. And while we're on to constructive criticism, I think the beaver or tree should be bigger. It should take up more of the square, like the figure in the yellow square.