Using icons

Zergei

Hi! I'm using Urwigo and it allows you to define icons to any zones or objects, but I'm not sure of their use. Supposedly any 32x32 image will work (except on Garmin) but so far in my trials I haven't seen them displayed anywhere, not in the menus and not on map. What is their purpose and how can I utilize them?

Icons show up in the display of items, characters, and zones. They are a graphic used to enhance the expierience of the game. After you have added one of these items there is an option under the media box to set the media for the icon which is typically a .jpeg image.

You can also set an icon for the cartridge itself which will display under the available cartridge list after opening the player app. 

The general guideline for size has been 32X32 but I have seen the apps except upto 50X50. I’m not really sure how larger sizes work on various players though. 

Note that in the iPhone Wherigo app that if there is only one item or character visible in the players inventory that you may not be able to see the icon. The screen switches straight to the main image for that item.

• Upvote 1