Impossible Puzzle Cache! Please Help!

HikingChuck

Hey everyone!

There is a near impossible puzzle cache near my area I have trying for ages to solve! Got past the first stage easily (computer punch code) and for the second stage, I hit a straight brick wall. What I discovered was that for the second stage, there are 54 cubes to a rubik's cube. Each number for each cube represents a letter in the first 54 digits of pi. Thus, we have to unscramble a 52 letter phrase (I could be wrong...). I am attaching the puzzles below, anyone who can solve this and help me out will make my day! Keep in mind that this is indeed a 4.5 difficulty, so high praise to whoever can solve this monster! All of these puzzles INVOLVE PI. The yellow computer punch code are the instructions (1st stage), the rubik's cube is the second stage, and the puzzle with the blue background is the third and final stage. 

Incase if anyone wanted to see what the cache itself, its code is [Removed]

[Images removed by moderator.]. 

Edited by Keystone

Have you tried to message the CO to ask for any additional help or clarification?  A lot of COs are glad to offer extra help especially to those who have really invested time in solving their puzzle.  In your request for extra help, I would include your progress and thought process on the puzzle.  You might be closer to the solution than you think.

Edited by Keystone
removed prohibited content
17 hours ago, boisestate said:

Have you tried to message the CO to ask for any additional help or clarification?  A lot of COs are glad to offer extra help especially to those who have really invested time in solving their puzzle.  In your request for extra help, I would include your progress and thought process on the puzzle.  You might be closer to the solution than you think.

Or you could just try to earn the find by solving the puzzle as intended rather than taking shortcuts for the sake of an easy smiley.

You might also try an easier puzzle for your first puzzle find.

Edited by Keystone
removed quote of prohibited content
  • Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, Gill & Tony said:

I would write to the CO, list the steps I have taken and the results I have achieved and ask if they would be willing to give me a nudge in the right direction.

Most COs will help if asked politely by someone who has invested time in trying to solve the puzzle.

For me, the second best alternative to getting a nudge from the CO is to team up with another geocacher that has not yet solved it.  When collaborating with someone else, you're still solving the puzzle. When using a FB group or asking someone that has already solved it for a hint, some times that hint almost gives it away.  The person providing the hint/nudges may be giving away more information than the CO would, essentially making the puzzle easier than they intended.  

1 hour ago, NYPaddleCacher said:

For me, the second best alternative to getting a nudge from the CO is to team up with another geocacher that has not yet solved it.  When collaborating with someone else, you're still solving the puzzle. When using a FB group or asking someone that has already solved it for a hint, some times that hint almost gives it away.  The person providing the hint/nudges may be giving away more information than the CO would, essentially making the puzzle easier than they intended.  

Getting together with someone who hasn't solved is a good suggestion. Like you said, it is sometimes hard for a person, even the CO, to give a hint without giving too much away. I have had COs  want to give out hints and i have even asked a couple or three times for hints but have found that getting help these ways usually takes too much of the fun out of it for me.

There aren't very many puzzle caches around these days but when i do run across one that i'm interested in, i do my darndest to solve it myself or work on it with friends. It goes to the back burner if i'm having too much trouble figuring it out. There have been a few that i've chosen to ignore completely because they were overly tedious or seemed too ridiculous,,, for my little brain to handle.

• Upvote 1
On 9/24/2017 at 1:49 PM, Mudfrog said:

There aren't very many puzzle caches around these days

Around here there are more than I care to solve, and I like puzzles (keeps me busy over the winter period).

If I can't solve a puzzle I only contact the CO for an extra hint, so far all of them helped me out. I never ask another cacher and if I really get stuck I just leave it alone. I don't need to clean out the map or "catch 'em all", plenty of other caches around...

• Upvote 1
29 minutes ago, thebruce0 said:

Nope. That's ignored, not solved, and not helpful for someone trying to work through a solution to the puzzle.

Do we have to be helpful?

And if so, to what degree?

Should we respect the CO's intellectual property and wishes or no?

Should we expect that anyone who claims to really like puzzles to work their way up through the ranks? Or spoon feed them all the way to the solution?

Last time I looked the OP had zero puzzle finds so...

• Upvote 1

Plus "just ignore it" sounds more like someone expressing their beef against difficult puzzles, rather than someone offering some kind of help in solving the puzzle as requested.

As I think most mentioned above, I'd also suggest asking the CO for a tip, or, while some may not consider it an option, ask a previous finder for a tip. And emphasize a TIP, not the solution :P  I hate when I ask someone for a hint and they ramble off the entire solve. grrr...

1 hour ago, on4bam said:

Around here there are more than I care to solve, and I like puzzles (keeps me busy over the winter period).

If I can't solve a puzzle I only contact the CO for an extra hint, so far all of them helped me out. I never ask another cacher and if I really get stuck I just leave it alone. I don't need to clean out the map or "catch 'em all", plenty of other caches around...

I agree, though luckily most of the puzzles here are relatively easy, for geoart mostly.  Keeps me busy in carpy weather or if hurt.  One day I did two while I was truly waiting for paint to dry, and they were about even-up for interesting...    :D

If there's a problem not able to be solved, and a bit of a hint  from the CO isn't helping, I'm done. 

Just like the other caches that we don't care for, they're just ignored.  Simple.  :)

32 minutes ago, thebruce0 said:

As I think most mentioned above, I'd also suggest asking the CO for a tip, or, while some may not consider it an option, ask a previous finder for a tip. And emphasize a TIP, not the solution :P  I hate when I ask someone for a hint and they ramble off the entire solve. grrr...

You could save yourself that unpleasantness by just not asking.