Delete this waymark is missing

T0SHEA

It was (declined) and the "Delete" item isn't in its usual place - or any other place, for that matter.:wacko:

This may be why - the Waymark is over a year old and had accumulated two visits. It was denied after a reevaluation of the category by one of the category managers. Needed to delete the visits, after which "Delete" returned to its usual place.

Keith

As long as it has no visits, there is no real reason to not do that.

The only difference will be an earlier creation date, that will have an influence to the tables on the statistics tab of your profile. Thus, not the preferred choice of an extreme statistics afficionado.

• Upvote 1
23 minutes ago, fi67 said:

As long as it has no visits, there is no real reason to not do that.

The only difference will be an earlier creation date, that will have an influence to the tables on the statistics tab of your profile. Thus, not the preferred choice of an extreme statistics afficionado.

:-) The reason for doing it that way was: It was the only waymark I created that day and right now I'm trying to make my "Longest Streak" (consecutive days with posts) longer than my "Longest Slump" (consecutive days without a post). :-)

Edited by PISA-caching
9 hours ago, PISA-caching said:

Out of curiosity: I also had a declined waymark the other day (with no visits). Instead of deleting it, I recycled it and made a completely different waymark out of it. Is that a good idea or is it better to not do that (for whatever reasons)?

I often recycle waymarks like that.  Most of my declined waymarks are because I was silly enough to leave out something important for the waymark category.

Unfortunately, this particular "old" waymark can only go into that category. Keith has already done anything that he could waymark associated with this location. 

What I most regret is having to delete the visits, in order to delete the denied waymark. Will deleting the visits also effect their statistics? It did ours.

1 hour ago, elyob said:

Sadly, the deleted visits will effect stats, in particular country and category.

I guess we might be getting more of these from time to time, as submissions are reevaluated. :wacko: We get on average about a 100 a month and some months as many as 300+ visits. At least now I know what the problem is when I try to delete a waymark that was denied, especially the "old" ones.

Thanks, for all the helpful explanations.

Edited by BK-Hunters