cannot scroll left popup window in maps.

Will_Dieterich

On 9/19/2017 at 7:00 PM, Will_Dieterich said:

Anyone else having issues having issues scrolling on the popup window on the map page?

I can switch between search and pocket queries and the grey scroll bar adjusts however I cannot scroll the bar.  Also does not work using the keyboard shortcuts.

I just got a new Dell laptop w/ W10 and I can't scroll either.......what do I do ?

On 9/19/2017 at 8:08 PM, Will_Dieterich said:

Found the problem.  They changed the min sizes on their custom scroll bar and code related to scroll.  So if you are using it on a smaller screen and resolution the overall map size is to small and the scroll bar does not get properly created.  Switching to a larger monitor and it gets created correctly.

OK -- still having issues.  Using Firefox 52.3.0 (64-bit) on Windows 10, with 1920 x 1080 resolution (the highest my monitor will go), and the scroll bar still doesn't function.  There is a scroll bar, but it won't move.  I have to zoom out to 67% in that Firefox window to get the option to map all of my pocket queries.

43 minutes ago, hzoi said:

OK -- still having issues.  Using Firefox 52.3.0 (64-bit) on Windows 10, with 1920 x 1080 resolution (the highest my monitor will go), and the scroll bar still doesn't function.  There is a scroll bar, but it won't move.  I have to zoom out to 67% in that Firefox window to get the option to map all of my pocket queries.

It only doesn't work with your keyboard controls. It works with gestures doing on your trackpad.

Hans

1 hour ago, HHL said:

It only doesn't work with your keyboard controls. It works with gestures doing on your trackpad.

Hans

I should clarify, this is not on a tablet, this is on my desktop work computer, using Firefox and a mouse.  Scrolling the menu on the sidebar works fine in Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge.  It does not work in Firefox. 

21 minutes ago, hzoi said:

[...] this is on my desktop work computer, using Firefox and a mouse.[...]

Ah, sorry. I'm always working with a laptop and forgot that there are users with just a keyboard and a mouse. ;-)
Anyway, you can tap, hold and move the scroll bar (right beside the PQ names) with your mouse pointer.

Hans

Edited by HHL
typo
12 minutes ago, HHL said:

Anyway, you can tab, hold and move the scroll bar with your mouse pointer.

If you mean just hold the tab key, yes, it will work to scroll down, but that doesn't mean that the issue is fixed.  This isn't quite how it's supposed to work. The mouse pointer and scroll wheel have no effect on the side panel other than clicking links.

I mean, I can pull the power cord on my computer to turn it off, but there's a better way, wouldn't you agree?

Edited by hzoi
17 minutes ago, HHL said:

Left click the mouse pointer onto the scroll bar handle > hold the mouse key and drag the scroll bar handle to your needs (up or down).

OK, your initial meaning wasn't clear.  I'd been trying click and drag the whole time.  Should work.  Does nothing but highlight the names of the pocket queries, one at a time, until the cursor reaches the bottom of the page.  The scroll bar just sits there, frozen.

Rolling the scroll wheel also does nothing.  Neither does pressing the scroll wheel and moving the mouse down.  Both of these things work in Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge, so there is clearly something in the map coding that is not working in Firefox.

Literally the only way I've found using Firefox to get to the pocket queries that are not initially displayed is to hold down the "tab" key and let Windows skip from link to link.  (So, in a way, your initial typo of "tab" was helpful.)

Edited by hzoi