Garmin Oregon 7x0 Firmware 3.35 BETA Available 2017-09-17!

Atlas Cached

Garmin Oregon 7x0 Firmware 3.35 BETA resolves many of the current issues with these units and is available now!

Changes made from version 3.33 to 3.35:

• Added support for ConnectIQ version 2.3.4.
  • Fixed possible issue where changing profiles quickly could corrupt profile settings.
  • Fixed issue where weather app could not show 3 digit current temperatures.
  • Fixed issue on the altimeter page where the x-axis and y-axis scales could not be changed separately.
  • Fixed issue on the Bike Dashboard where speed and speed limit could overlap.
  • Fixed issue where the custom map dashboard would not update when stopping or starting navigation.
  • Fixed issue where Irish Grid letter coordinates could not be entered.
  • Fixed issue where Roundtrip Routing would not work when calculation method was 'Prompted'.
  • Fixed issue where text would not fit on the Automotive Dashboard.
  • Fixed issue where sorting waypoints when programming a chirp would send the user to the chirp page

Please visit GPSrChive.com > Oregon 7x0 > Firmware for more information and a direct link!

On ‎23‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 2:04 PM, Atlas Cached said:

Gonna need a lot more information than that...

What are you doing when it crashes? Same caches every time? What settings are you using? etc. etc.

It was when trying to log the cache as found. I reverted to the previous version already and it works as it is supposed to now. So you have been caching with your Oregon with this update with no problem?

I only did one cache this weekend, but it was at the halfway mark of a 5 mile hike, and all went well, until just a few feet before I arrived back at the trail head when my unit froze. But I wasn't doing anything with it, just wanted to check the total distance traveled when I discovered it frozen, and checking the GPX track later revealed it froze maybe 200 feet before the trail head... I will send my device files as described at the Oregon 7x0 wiki > Common Issues > Error Reporting.... BEFORE I do anything else with the unit.

On 10/2/2017 at 0:59 PM, Mineral2 said:

Is that true even after you calibrate the altimeter?

Yes.. we chose "want to calibrate" then "do you know the correct elevation" then entered it..  Auto Calibrate was still on. Not sure if  Auto should be off and if that would help. it was still off at the end of hike.

The total descent and total ascent was the same footage ( numbers) as my Montana 680 but the elevation data was and always is about 300 ft different then my Montana. I checked the Montana against my Garmin Drivesmart 61S and it is the same as well as mapping programs for the correct elevation at the trail heads. Her Oregon is always  off.  

Heard back from Garmin today: 

"Thank you for your report.  It in fact assisted us in discovering what the issue was that lead to these lock-up concerns.  We did release public software 3.40 today.  Please load this software and let us know if you observe any additional concerns."

5 hours ago, mjr15197 said:

Heard back from Garmin today: 

"Thank you for your report.  It in fact assisted us in discovering what the issue was that lead to these lock-up concerns.  We did release public software 3.40 today.  Please load this software and let us know if you observe any additional concerns."

Is there a link for the Software in the E-Mail? Can you post the link here please. Thank you.