The future of "Mission: Impossible"

Seth!

As many of you know, I have a rather involved geocache called "Mission: Impossible--Deep Undercover". It will be four months old next week and has been found by several teams of agents.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=13393

This geocache is a complicated series of tasks which are intended to capture the imagination of geocachers while they have fun completing the mission. It also requires more maintenance than a regular geocache and some expense to keep it going.

I am trying to decide what to do with it and I'd like some advice. I'll also be sending a separate note to those who have completed the mission. Below are some of my options:

We have been interested in doing it but of course need time to come north. With better weather and other reasons to come north (Mariners, Folklife, etc.) I would bet more folks will think about the trip. How long does it really take to complete if you are by yourself and from out-of-town?

I too would like to do this one, but need to find time and an excuse to get up there. With 100 approaching on my cache list - the thought has been swirling in my mind.

By all means, if you need to do something to preserve the pocket book and other time commitments, then go for it. In the end it's just a cache among thousands.

I am new to the sport, and just finding out about some of these great caches. This one looks very interesting and I certainly hope to do it this summer when I have the time. Is there some way I can contribute to the upkeep so it will be around for myself and others to enjoy?

I know this is one of the greatest caches around. Why I haven't done it is beyond me. I think I'm worried about it's complexity and the time it may take to do it. I know if I could kick my self in the rear and get myself to do it I'd love it as much as The Kettles cache. If it sticks around maybe I'll get to it, but if it goes my apologies for not giving it a shot.

2573_200.jpg

For those of you (era seek) that have not started it, I would say do so now. That is if Seth! is going to keep it going for a little while longer.

It is one of the best caches I have done, and not half as scary as it appears. Most of the individual tasks can be completed in a short period of time, but it will take a few days to complete them all [sometimes you are just stuck waiting for info and such icon_smile.gif ] If you live in the Kirkland area, you can complete it no problem.

Take the road less traveled

For those of you (era seek) that have not started it, I would say do so now. That is if Seth! is going to keep it going for a little while longer.

It is one of the best caches I have done, and not half as scary as it appears. Most of the individual tasks can be completed in a short period of time, but it will take a few days to complete them all [sometimes you are just stuck waiting for info and such icon_smile.gif ] If you live in the Kirkland area, you can complete it no problem.

Take the road less traveled

In addition to the posts here, I have received a few e-mail letters. The general consenus is to keep the original one going.

I will try to keep it up through the summer. I'm not sure how practical it will be to have two going at once and I know that some of the local geocachers are ready for the next Mission. So I need to keep that in mind as well.

I will try to have the two Missions overlap for at least a few weeks. As for modifying the first one to extend its life, I am still trying to figure out how I could do that while retaining its quality.

Several of you who have expressed interest in doing the Mission are from out of town. As it says in the description, that makes it more challenging. In order to have the Mission seem more authentic and build more suspense, it was designed to take several days to complete. That is something to consider. (Each of the four characters has at least two tasks.)

Seth!