Discover Me TB's - how to create them...

AbingDanClan

Hi, please direct me as appropriate if this is already covered....

How do I make a TB in to "Discover Me" only?  I have my code (not the TBXXXX) ... and it is in fact a LIVE TB...but I want to make it Discover Me only...?  I can't see how to set it up like this though? 

Or..if it is labelled as "Discover Me" in the real World, people will just have to log it as "Discover Me" from the drop down list once they come across it?

Thanks for any help!

Just looked at your profile. Your one TB seems to be in someone's hands, but that person is unknown. In a case like that, you usually mark it as missing. That way the person can still log it as put into a cache when they finally do log it, but it won't show up in the cache from which it was taken and is no longer in.

Making it "discover me" only in this case will be worse, I think, because then the person cannot log the TB when they drop it in a cache.

Marking a TB as missing: https://www.geocaching.com/help/index.php?pg=kb.chapter&id=41&pgid=397

Making a TB collectible: https://www.geocaching.com/help/index.php?pg=kb.chapter&id=41&pgid=250

Edited by TriciaG
Added links

Your Trackable's been "missing" for over two years.  Mark it missing. 

Nice that someone at least mentioned that early last year.  I wouldn't think about anyone coming along to log it after this amount of time...

Curious what you mean by a LIVE TB.

You then make a new log entry of "grab from somewhere else" which puts that code back into your possession, and you're good to go.   

You can re-use the code when you have something to attach it to for folks to discover, by making it collectible (link by TriciaG).  :)

Edited by cerberus1
splelling