Sign in to follow this  
Followers 2
quietcountrylass

premium not working

6 posts in this topic

I have the premium android app but today it's stopped working. Every time I try to look at a premium cache it tells me to upgrade to premium, then says cannot connect to play store. It's taken the premium payment today for this month.  Does anyone else have this problem?

In fact there are none "premium app"... your membership may be Basic or Premium, with or without using any app.

But right now, your profile shows that you are Basic Member... so either your Premium Membership has ended (and you just need to renew), or any other thing happened...

Your account now shows that you are a Premium member.  Is the app working for you?  If it's not, then you may need to log out of the app and then log back into it.

I'm wondering about your comment "It's taken the premium payment today for this month."   Are you paying a premium payment every month?  The website gives you recurring payment options of 3 months (7.99 GBP) or 12 months (24.99 GBP). I think the Google Play Store has more expensive monthly options, so you may want to consider buying through the website instead.

Thank you.  I've woken up this morning and it seems to be working again. Must have been a bug somewhere. 

I pay for my membership every three months and have done since I started caching in 2013. Today, Android App asks me to upgrade - yet the website shows I am fully paid until Mid December. App refuses to allow me to access Premium. Turns out Google Play had an old card that expired, so Google has switched off Premium on the App until I put a new card in - or forced Groundspeak to allow them to do this. I paid a month at £4 odd to fix this, app works fine now, adds a month to 3 month paid meaning renewal mid January 2018, Google get their new card details - no way to argue and cannot remove card details. Not sure if its Groundspeak or Google at fault, but between them it shows Android up to be an absolute poor option for caching. I for one cannot wait to go back to an Iphone as it never forced me like this. Not very happy :(

8 hours ago, Hitman9956 said:

I pay for my membership every three months and have done since I started caching in 2013. Today, Android App asks me to upgrade - yet the website shows I am fully paid until Mid December. App refuses to allow me to access Premium. Turns out Google Play had an old card that expired, so Google has switched off Premium on the App until I put a new card in - or forced Groundspeak to allow them to do this. I paid a month at £4 odd to fix this, app works fine now, adds a month to 3 month paid meaning renewal mid January 2018, Google get their new card details - no way to argue and cannot remove card details. Not sure if its Groundspeak or Google at fault, but between them it shows Android up to be an absolute poor option for caching. I for one cannot wait to go back to an Iphone as it never forced me like this. Not very happy :(

You may want to consider buying your premium membership through the website, instead of via Google Play or App Store.  If you buy via the website, then your account will be premium and you will get premium benefits in the app.  For example, I purchased my premium membership through the website, never through the Play Store, and get all premium benefits in the app.

The 3-month cost on the website is £7.99 and the annual cost is £24.99 on auto-renewal.