'Log a Geocache' function broken

hydnsek

The "Log a Geocache" function under the Play menu appears broken. When I enter a GC number, it doesn't take me to the geocache page, it stays on the same page, but dims the Go button and disappears the Recently Viewed Caches list (not that they're relevant to what I'm doing). See screenshot.  Help!  Yeah, I can use the Search page to pull up the cache, but that takes longer, as it first gives you a list of caches and you have to click on the cache.  Just want to enter the GC# and go directly to the cache page, which Log a Geocache is supposed to do.

LogaGeocache.jpg

Edited by hydnsek

I tried it once with your example GC code in lowercase and click Go, and it took me to the cache listing. I then navigated to the search again (I didn't just go "Back" in my browser) and this time entered the GC code and hit the enter key on my keyboard, and I got the same result as you. However, when I tried this process a second time, it worked as expected and I can't get it to "break" again.

As for the search page, there's a way you can get directly to the desired cache listing. When you enter a GC code, rather than immediately clicking the search button or hitting your enter key, look and there will be two suggestions that drop down from the text field. The first (and default) suggestion is to search for caches around the location of that GC code, but the second suggestion will take you directly to the cache listing.

On 9/11/2017 at 1:02 PM, The A-Team said:

As for the search page, there's a way you can get directly to the desired cache listing. When you enter a GC code, rather than immediately clicking the search button or hitting your enter key, look and there will be two suggestions that drop down from the text field. The first (and default) suggestion is to search for caches around the location of that GC code, but the second suggestion will take you directly to the cache listing.

Thanks for the tip, v. helpful!

On 9/9/2017 at 11:17 AM, Twinklekitkat said:

I've had issues with this too. My most recent test had it work when I made all the letter capitalized. Lower case didn't work. But can't say for sure that's the real problem. I'd be curious if that works for you. 

Yep, the search now seems to be case-sensitive, good catch. You have to capitalize GC for the "Log a Cache" search to work; the other letters can be lowercase. That's a pain. Hope they revert it back to case insensitive soon. 

I tried it once with your example... entered the GC code and hit the enter key on my keyboard, and I got the same result as you...

The same "bug" seems to appear on the "Log a Trackable" page. If you enter an invalid TB (and then get the "did not find" message), then enter a valid TB and hit ENTER you get the same page back (did not find, with the previous TB code not the one you just entered, or thought you entered). It looks like the valid TB isn't found! But if you <click> enter, it works as expected.

Edited by The Snowdog