Builtin Stats Incorrect

wasurf

Looked at the few I know who talk about their stats and didn't see anything unusual. 

Number wise, mine, and the other 2/3rds separate account  don't have issues either.  We usually don't look.

Was going to look and see if I might luck out trying help you  figure it out on yours, but "This user has elected to not display their detailed statistics" kinda thwarted that...

• Upvote 1

Saw the OP and took a look at mine.  Yes, the 1st line on my stats page says "You've found xxxx cache(s) since..." - but this total is 7 less than my correct total. The incorrect total is also in the "Yearly Breakdown" and "Finds for Each Day of the Year" section. All other sections are correct.

My guess is that some caches no longer have dates in the database and so they're not counted in the date-related sections of the Stats, but are counted in the type/size/distance sections.

I looked at another cacher in my area and they have the same issue. Date-related sections and topline of Stats page show 8 less than the type/size/distance sections.

50 minutes ago, wasurf said:

I changed my stats back to show them. It was working so I'm guessing it's a bug of some sort.

I can see your Statistics page now.  Looks like date-related sections of your stats are missing 8 caches. It would be easy to guess that it's Lab Caches, since you have 8 Lab Cache finds - but for myself and another local cacher, our stats are missing 7 and 8 caches, but we each have 10+ Lab Cache finds.

I noticed this as well. Mine were off by three. After digging in, I'm about 99.9% sure that the 3 that are missing from the stats are the 3 Lab Caches that I found on October 29 of last year. I know for sure that the 3 that are missing are from October 29. I have also found a total of 20 lab caches - so I don't know why it would have only glitched on the 3 from 10/29/16, but either way hopefully that helps somebody solve the bug puzzle. 

Edited by henne165
Found other related points in the thread that I wanted to address