Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
mrcanoehead224

Wherigo Builder Emulator Address Lookup

2 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I've tried searching through this forum but have not found any reference to my particular error. My apologies if I missed it.

I'm on Windows 7 32 bit SP1, running the Builder v2.0.5129.5086 and have applied the Google maps v3 fix.

When starting a play anywhere cartridge, it asks me for a start location so I select 'Yes' and enter an address. Then I get an error that reads:

"Error looking up address: The remote name could not be resolved:'api.local.yahoo.com'"

Then it will default to Greenwich (Prime Meridian) on the map. If I say 'No' it also defaults back to Greenwich.

Is there anything that can be done to either fix the address search or stop it from going back to Greenwich. It's a pain to have to keep scrolling the map back to Alberta.

Thanks in advance!

When I created the Google Map fix, I could not override its use of the Yahoo API for address lookup. For now, no address lookup in the emulator.

I wonder if I should just create a new emulator?  Hmm... perhaps I should first stick with creating Kit v2 and open sourcing it, first.