Upgrading from Dakota 20 to Oregon 700

gullsrock

I have been using a Dakota 20 for about three years now. Have clumpy fingers I 'struggle' with the touch screen size and the screen itself is quite faint. I like the look and sound of the Oregon 700 and the idea of the wifi live connection to your phone but then this will only happen when I have a phone signal so couldn't I just use the phone? With an iphone geocache app and my Dakota 20 do I really need to upgrade to the Oregon. Is it going to bring anything new to the party? Help and thoughts would be appreciated.

Edited by gullsrock

It'll bring a slightly larger screen,a capacitive touch screen (similar to your iPhone), and an unlimited geocache capacity over the Dakota 20. Whether that will improve your workflow is up to you. If you think you can do fine with just the iphone app (and you might also check out Cachely as an alternative app), then maybe you don't need to invest in another GPS quite yet. If you prefer to use a GPS over the phone, then the Oregon will be a nice upgrade.