I'm going to Portland

Lazyboy & Mitey Mite

First thing in the morning we are heading out. Anything to get away from smoke and flames. But no geocaching. Well very little. We're headed up above Seattle to do some scuba diving at Edmonds.

But of course, we'll look for those easy reststop caches, at least a couple of them anway. Plus I can drop off a couple of travel bugs.

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

I am preparing to embark on a breakneck tour of I-90. I will gallop from Livingston to Portland on August 1st. Any roadside attractions (my favorite are drive-by geocaches)? I would love a couple suggstions to break up my 13-hour drive.

Of course, I will not be scuba diving at the end (I love water, but I just don't have a trusting relationship with it right now) but I am looking forward to one of Oregone's kickin' cocktails or just a PBR. Note about the local beverages-- PBR is AWFUL out here kinda like Old E or somthing. It must be the water. Neptune, brewed in Livingston but please just say no. Moose Drool or Scape Goat, now those are some tasty local brews.

I am anxious to return to the loving fleshy arms of Portlandia. I love the landscape here in montana, but the culture makes me feel like an up-tight east-coaster! And there are not enough GEOCACHES in the livigston, now MISSOULA looks like a fun caching commmunity.

And Oregone, will you be my discount spritualist if I ever decide to tie the you know what?

~~

I'm not great enough to be modest.

quote:
Originally posted by Lazyboy & Mitey Mite:

It looks like we'll get a late start tomorrow. So we'll get the travel discount book and spend the night somewhere in the Portland area.

Don't forget to look me and laurencat up when you get into town! The easiest way to find us is to just go to the Barley Mill on 16th and Hawthorne, look for a relatively attractive waitress, and ask her where we are. We're bound to be within 100 yards or so.

all rights reserved, all wrongs reversed

quote:
Originally posted by fractal:

You folks are showing up, and we don't even have anything planned for a Wednesday night gathering... What's wrong with us???

Oh that's right! Today IS Wednesday. Mysister (this week's spike-holder) has school. So should tonight be a non-spike-transferring Maya's night?

[This message was edited by oregone on July 31, 2002 at 06:06 PM.]

Maya's, Barley Mill, Absolutely, or anywhere else relatively close to downtown is perfect.

{editing my message, here}

But the Mill would be best because then Laurencat can show up. (she's studying for a test)

Hey kids! If you like geocaching, you'll LOVE the Barley Mill at 8pm tonight! Anyone that's ever found a cache is welcome to show up. And hopefully, some Butte Falls cachers might have a cameo appearance.

Oh, and did i mention that tonight is free beer* night?!?

*by beer, i mean water and/or toothpicks.

We were driving down I-5. The sun was out and people even made room for me to change lanes. So I figured that I had to be a long ways from Portland. Well I just kept driving. Finally I got to an area on I-5 where people were cutting me off and waving guns and middle fingers. I figured it had to be Portland. Then someone yelled for me to get back across the border where I belong????

I'm sleeping in Tacoma tonight. Well, with one eye open I'm sleeping.

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

quote:
Originally posted by soup:

I still have to return some stuff I got out of Oregone's car...

Alright, I'll know you're the culprit if you log my 'Limpy' cache and describe the forest in Grants Pass as being 'very honda-esque' and if you're wearing a T-shirt that says 'feminist chicks dig me.'

Sorry we missed you LazyBoy and MiteyMite!

Since you're in tacoma, I hope you go to the Tumwater karaoke bars. They are definitley an experience. Have a great trip and let us know if you stop in Portlandia on the way back.

If there's gravity, then how you explain birds!?!

...Doug and I went out and got our 74th and 75th finds (Das Butte and Rat Race). Tomorrow happens to be our 2 month caching anniversary. Our next goal is 100 by August 1st. This stuff just makes us feel so alive, we can't stop! We wish we could take a permanent vacation and geocache full-time for as long as we want. Let's get together and find some caches sometime!

The west hills/westside in general has always intimidated us, so we could sure use some moral support/guidance over that way. We can't help but notice that there are a lot of caches over there that we, for the most part, have been missing out on.

Sorry that I've gotten off the subject. Maybe I should have started a new thread...

quote:
Originally posted by dasein:

I see now that August 1st is in about 15 minutes!

dadgum, I was hoping for a Klamath-Fallsesque cache-a-thon right here in Portland. I say you take today off and get #100 before midnight.