Iphone app for getting co-ordinates

Hi im only 10yrs old and could really do with some help. I have started geocaching and have got my papa to take me. I would like to hide my own caches but neither me or my papa can work out how to get exact co-ordinates on his iphone. he has an iphone 6s+ if that matters. If there is away or an app, could you explain it to me without any computer talk as i'm only learning about computers at the moment. If not could you recomend a cheap gps unit i could maybe get him to buy me. THANK YOU.

Edited by MurranCarrigan

Hi @MurranCarrigan,

There are several apps on the App Store that you could possibly download to get the  exact GPS coordinates of where you are. However, the Geocaching Official App let's you do so, I believe. I see your dad uses an iPhone. I use an Android device but I guess the procedure isn't that different. Try the following: select any geocache in your area, it doesn't matter which one. After that, hit the "Start navigation" icon. You'll then find the compass icon in your screen. If you hit it, you'll see the compass pop up and in that screen you'll find "My location" which should show your coordinates.

Let us know if it worked or if you need any other help.

16 hours ago, MurranCarrigan said:

Hi im only 10yrs old and could really do with some help. I have started geocaching and have got my papa to take me. I would like to hide my own caches but neither me or my papa can work out how to get exact co-ordinates on his iphone. he has an iphone 6s+ if that matters. If there is away or an app, could you explain it to me without any computer talk as i'm only learning about computers at the moment. If not could you recomend a cheap gps unit i could maybe get him to buy me. THANK YOU.

There is a free App called "Commander Compass" for iPhone, and it's handy for working with waypoints, and even saving them.  Search "Free GPS" in the App Store for even more Apps to try.  But as HCompleto mentioned, in the Official Geocaching App, you may select any cache and click "Start", and the GPS coordinates of your location are shown live, on screen.  And you can save waypoints, too, although of course you'd have to remember which cache you saved them to.

On 8/30/2017 at 11:15 PM, MurranCarrigan said:

Hi im only 10yrs old

Off topic but:

-------

Minors. Our services are not targeted towards, nor intended for use by, anyone under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, you are not permitted to use our services. If you are under the age of 18 but at least 13, you may only use our services under the supervision of a parent or legal guardian who agrees to be bound by this Agreement.

--------

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, MurranCarrigan said:

Thanks for your help. I done as suggested with the official geocache app on the iphone. I opened the compass on the app and my co-ordinates where at the bottom left hand corner of the screen. So easy when you know how. Thanks again.

And you can take a screenshot of your phone's screen to save the coordinates, if you don't have something to write them down.

1 hour ago, on4bam said:

Bombarded??

Nice one.:rolleyes:

Yeah, that seems like an overreaction. You only posted once about the OP's age, and only quoted the relevant portion of the ToU that clearly states that the OP isn't supposed to be posting here in the forums. That doesn't seem like bombardment to me.

...and anyway, if one were to read this whole discussion, they'd see that noncentric did some detective work and found that the OP simply changed their name and their account wasn't gone after all.

Don't worry, on4bam, I don't see that you did anything wrong.