Question about "Distance to Finds" on Stat page

Currently, I have 4304 finds on 4303 unique caches, plus 7 Lab cache finds totaling 4311 finds.

On my Statistics page, if I sum up all of the numbers in each category shown, I get 4311, or 4304 for those where Lab caches are specifically excluded, except for the "Distance to Finds" chart.  On that chart, the sum of the amounts shown in the various categories is 4302.  Since the chart states that Lab caches are not counted, I would expect a total of 4304.  I could even understand 4303 if the “double find” cache is excluded for the second find.  The only plausible explanation I can think of is that the mileage chart isn’t counting the “double find” cache at all. Not a big deal if this is the case, but odd.  Or maybe two caches are for example, exactly 10 miles away, and not being picked up by the <10 or >10 categories?

Is anybody else noticing this situation?  If so, do you have any caches where you have logged multiple finds?

FTR, my double find cache is GC1H5VH, which was a challenge cache which invited you to make multiple finds if you complete the challenge multiple times.  I logged this twice in my first year of caching, before realizing that this is generally looked down upon.  Still, as it’s part of my history, I’m keeping it this way.

Is it possible that those finds not used are caches on the "not counted for Souvenirs and Stats" list, ie, moving caches, a handful of virts that behaved as locationless, and just some miscellany from the early days?

I have 4916 caches used in the distance module, and 5100 finds, for a difference of 184. Removing  Locationless finds (158), and labs (18) means some other 8 caches aren't being counted. For me, I'm reasonably confident the difference IS from caches on that list that are not used for stats. 

I too have finds on caches I now own, though I doubt that's a source of this. 

1 hour ago, Isonzo Karst said:

Is it possible that those finds not used are caches on the "not counted for Souvenirs and Stats" list, ie, moving caches, a handful of virts that behaved as locationless, and just some miscellany from the early days?

I have 4916 caches used in the distance module, and 5100 finds, for a difference of 184. Removing  Locationless finds (158), and labs (18) means some other 8 caches aren't being counted. For me, I'm reasonably confident the difference IS from caches on that list that are not used for stats. 

I too have finds on caches I now own, though I doubt that's a source of this. 

Good that you mentioned "Locationless."  I also have 3 of those--I'm guessing now that they are the source of the difference.  More likely than the adopted caches; that was just the first thing that I thought of.  I do not have any finds on the "not counted" list.

However, the OP has no locationless caches.

Edited by NanCycle
Edit after looking at OP profile