Has anyone used a Garmin 72 for caching?

12 hours ago, Tinman and Lady Em said:

don't need road maps got a Nuvi for that   I just need to know how well it works for geocaching  for ex. accuracy?

We gave one away as a FTF prize once.   Its new owner used it for a while and bought a 60cxs.

IIRC, the 72 came out even before our ancient etrex blue legends that we bought in '04, and we upgraded a year after using them for  60cxs' ( now long-discontinued too.)  

The patch antennas in the legends didn't do well for us in just full leaf tree cover, and forget about gorges.  The 72 probably won't fair much better.

The 72 does store waypoints though, so I guess if you don't mind losing signal once in a while,  maybe only able to load caches  manually, it'd be okay as a starter GPSr.

If not using a phone and app today, I probably wouldn't go less than an etrex 20 as a basic GPSr.    :)

"Accuracy" of civilian GPS hasn't changed since then though, still around ten feet on a perfect day.  Perfect days don't happen often enough.