Re-releasing my own TBs which have gone missing?

Gatwick Girl

I wish to re-release some of my TBs which have been lost/marked missing for some time.   I have created copy TBs with the same trackable code, but when I edit the TB's profile page, the only options are 'Move to Last Location', 'Recalculate Distance' or 'Lock'.   I'm sure it must be possible to release a copy of a previously missing TB (I'm sure I have previously found someone else's copy TB in the past).  Any suggestions?  

Thanks!!

45 minutes ago, Gatwick Girl said:

I wish to re-release some of my TBs which have been lost/marked missing for some time.   I have created copy TBs with the same trackable code, but when I edit the TB's profile page, the only options are 'Move to Last Location', 'Recalculate Distance' or 'Lock'.   I'm sure it must be possible to release a copy of a previously missing TB (I'm sure I have previously found someone else's copy TB in the past).  Any suggestions?  

Thanks!!

Add a log entry, "Grab from somewhere else".  That will return it to your Inventory, and you can place it into a cache (or visit it in caches).

• Upvote 1
43 minutes ago, kunarion said:

Add a log entry, "Grab from somewhere else".  That will return it to your Inventory, and you can place it into a cache (or visit it in caches).

Yeah, somehow forgot we're able to log our own missing back  too.   Duh...

Reminded me I'll have to mention to the other 2/3rds of a grab, since I still "have" her motorcycle.  :)

34 minutes ago, Paperboy1958 said:

When you buy a TB, it comes with 2 tags, of course you send out the TB and save the one that says COPY. Can you re-release the TB with this tag and a copy of the actual TB first sent out?? Thanks for any help.

Absolutely, a lot of players, myself included, have launched their copy tags when the originals have disappeared. Or as discussed at the beginning of this thread, many have created copies as well. I have even bought and used a type in the picture below:

Copy Tag Buddy (AL)

But if the missing original ever shows up again, it does become very confusing for logging as players end up "grabbing" from each other rather than "retrieving" from the cache in which they found it. I have seen it happen a few times.

Edited by Team Christiansen
spelling
55 minutes ago, Paperboy1958 said:

When you buy a TB, it comes with 2 tags, of course you send out the TB and save the one that says COPY. Can you re-release the TB with this tag and a copy of the actual TB first sent out?? Thanks for any help.

If the COPY tag says KEEP ME, I wouldn't send it out unless you are able to obliterate those words.

12 hours ago, Paperboy1958 said:

Sure you can.  We still have some older ones that say "keep me" on them, which may present issues with those not familier, but also have some that simply say "copy".  You can mark, burn, inscribe just that code on items as well (without the need for a tag).

We've kept the copy tag  (with an identical, attached item)  as a memento or keepsake of this odd part of the hobby, so not sending it's twin back out.   :)

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, cerberus1 said:

We still have some older ones that say "keep me" on them,

The ones that say KEEP ME are now older?  I haven't bought any new ones in quite some time.  Good to know that they changed that back.  There are enough TBs that are kept without the invitation/instruction to do so.