Help with Oregon 700 needed for loading caches

IMGOIN2

Hope I am posting this in the right place, but as an old, totally unqualified technically guy, I can't figure out what I am doing wrong in sending caches to my new Oregon 700 (first GPS for me)>  I tried doing it using a Firefox browser, and got a message saying the process is not supported by Firefox.  So I logged out and closed that browser and opened Internet Explorer and logged back in.  I had already connected the 700 to my home wi-fi, and had connected it to my Android phone using bluetooth.  But on the geocaching web site, when I click on "send to GPS" from an individual cache page, I get a popup that says Garmin Communicator Plugin NOT detected. Download and install now.  OK, I click on Download and install now, and get a message that says:  Edge Does Not Support this Plugin

This page does not work in Microsoft Edge. To access the page, you’ll need to open it in Internet Explorer, which you can find by using the search box on the task bar. Once Internet Explorer is open, copy and paste the following URL into the address bar:

https://software.garmin.com/en-US/gcp.html

Since I am already using Explorer, this makes no sense, and it doesn't work.  Can anyone help me take the next step?  Thanks.

Now that I look again, it appears I am actually using the Edge browser, disguised with the letter E to make dummy me think I am using Internet Explorer.  And while Explorer is supposedly loaded on my Windows 10 laptop, I don't see any way to open it.  Maybe Chrome will work . . .

Why are you not just loading caches wirelessly?

If you have the Oregon connected to your smartphone or WiFi, you can load them at will directly on the device, or if you save caches in a PQ or List on Geocaching.com website, you can also load those wirelessly to your Oregon 7x0 directly from the GPSr!

See "Applications > Geocaching" page for more details at the Oregon 7x0 wiki

BTW, the Send to GPS function on Geocaching.com is going the way of the Dodo bird - so don't waste any more time trying to get it to work!

Conversely, you can save PQ's to your computer, then unzip/copy them manually to the Garmin\GPX\ directory on your Oregon 7x0 if you desire, but this really just nullifies one of the primary features of the Oregon 7x0 series GPSr from Garmin!

Edited by Atlas Cached

How to open a web page in Internet Explorer using Edge

When you come across a website that won't load properly in Microsoft Edge, you can most likely get it to work in IE.

1. Launch Edge from the Start menu, desktop or taskbar.
  2. Navigate to a webpage that won't load.

3. Click the More button in the top-right corner of the window. (It looks like three dots.)
  4. Click Open with Internet Explorer.

Click the More button. Click Open with Internet Explorer.

A new IE window will open and display the troublesome web page.

How to pin Internet Explorer to your Start menu or taskbar

Would you rather use IE instead of Edge? It would be beneficial, in this case, to pin it to your Start menu or taskbar for easy access.

1. Right-click the Start button.
  2. Click Search.

Right-click the Start button. Click Search.

3. Type Internet Explorer.
  4. Right-click Internet Explorer.
  5. Click a pin option. Choose from:

• Pin to Start — A tile for IE will appear in your Start menu.
    • Pin to taskbar — A button for IE will show up in your taskbar.

Type Internet Explorer. Right-click Internet Explorer.